1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New (used) family car day

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blendermassacre, Jul 27, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

03' Toyota Highlander. $3k below both NADA and Blue Book. Has 130k miles on it, but in great condition. Definitely a step up from my girls 02 civic that got totaled by a drunk driver with no insurance.

2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Those are nice. My wife had one for a couple of years. Congrats!

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Sweet! Id post a picture of my new used car, but I accidentally deleted my pics.

4. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

That's a sweet ride man. Gear hauler deluxe :)

5. Thanks. We still need to get something bigger before the baby comes (which means me trading in my truck, probably for a Honda Pilot), but the money was right, and I feel a lot better about my lovely fiance driving a car with all wheel drive during the miserable kc winters.

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Looks like a good choice!

7. Thanks!

it's a 4 cylinder, so it's great on gas, and is super nice. Definite upgrade from an 02 Honda Civic.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Pimp it out.

-Mike

9. It's primarily for baby momma, but I refuse to drive a car that doesn't have an Ipod hookup anymore. I'm not putting wheels on it, because I don't want to pay for tires, and it's only a 4 banger. Maybe some audio equipment...

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yup, me too. I need that AUX input, yo!

11. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Yeah right. I'm looking at it and thinking, "That's perfect for hauling gear!" ;)

Nice ride. Congrats!

12. My ram quad cab covers hauling gear unless it's raining...

13. Jake Saint

Jake Saint

Dec 31, 2011
    Mine Hill, NJ
    I was looking at it thinking the same thing. I'm picking up a Nissan Pathfinder on monday. Gonna have LOTSOSPACE for gear.

14. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    i'll never forget the sparkly grape soda can purple highlander with huge gold dub wheels i saw at the toyota dealer a few years ago, congrats on your ride

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We just basically bought my wife her dream car a week and a half ago - minivan. :scowl: used 2011 Sienna. It does have bluetooth, integrated iPod etc.. So at least there's that.

bc

16. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    The miss just got a Mazda3. We looked at the Subaru Impreza and thought about a Volvo V50 for the AWD. But we already have one AWD Volvo, not cheap to fix, let alone two. And the Impreza was just wimpy, and the stereo sucked. The Mazda is no powerhouse but the extra half liter its got on the Subaru makes all the difference and I feel it responds A LOT better than the Impreza but not as good as the Volvo, but that's apples to oranges. The current Volvo is slated to get replaced in the next 18 months or so with a crossover. So It'l be the XC60 vs the Highlander/Lexus RX/Infiniti EX...etc.

17. The Mazda3 (like the Mazda6) is a GREAT car!

18. Being 25, I don't care how much easier it is, I refuse to get a minivan. I'd rather drive a 7 passenger SUV. I'm super happy with the Highlander, though.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Eh, you'll get over the macho thing and realize how great minivans are soon. I did. About the same age too. :)

-Mike

20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    My Wife would kill me if I brought home a minivan.