1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New used new bass day yesterday!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ImMoreBetter, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ImMoreBetter

ImMoreBetter

Jan 26, 2009
    Minnesota
    I received a 2010 Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ last Monday from a fellow TBer. I played one of these at a store a month or so ago, I loved it. But now I finally have a chance to really see what I can do with it.

I was concerned that it would be quite heavy, which wasn't an enormous problem, all my good basses are on the heavier side of the scale. I was pleasantly surprised with this one, however. It is lighter than my MiM Jazz Deluxe. I also find it to be very, very comfortable. It fits me just right. Neck dive is not much of an issue, it sits quite comfortably. Tight B string as well.

And it's looks? I hope no one is watching my crotch when I see this thing sitting in the corner. It isn't beautiful. It just looks mean.

I don't have any pics myself, it's 1:50am, I promise to post some tomorrow. But here's a crappy pic from right now, along with the horde slowly advancing across my room:
    IMG_5205.

As far as sound goes, I find it to be utterly confusing. Passive, dual MEC humbuckers, two volume knobs with series/parallel push/pull on each, and a tone knob. The confusing part isn't how to use the controls, but the results I get. I could be looking for a particular sound and never find it. I will then move on to the next sound, the opposite kind of sound, and will end up finding the first tone. :bag:
    Perhaps I've spent too much time with my active 3-band eqs.

It takes a strange sort of middle ground between a Jazz bass, a P-bass, and a MusicMan, leaning towards all of them but mimicking none of them. Roll on the neck pickup, and it does very well with the P tones. Roll on the bridge, and it becomes not as burpy as a Jazz, but much too
    'tight' of a growl to be a Stingray. Loads of mids. And yes, it is a Rockbass, and it DOES growl like a Wick.

2. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    As far as tone, I put Warwick 'vettes and Ibanez SR's in the same category... with the 'vettes being MUCH better... if you ever decide you don't like that bass, I have an empty rack it could call home... lol nice bass dude