New (used) Warwick Streamer Pro M!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassmouse3, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    I just recently bought this used warwick streamer pro m, and I just love it! It's such an amazing bass. I got it for about 600$, which I think is very reasonable, since it's flawless! No fret wear, no wear whatsoever. It is so nice that this bass has the sound I've always wanted in a bass: Rich, defined and growly.
    One curiosum though... It is a '99 model, and from what I've heard, Warwick stopped using wenge and switched to ovangkol in their necks in '98... Only, my bass has a wenge neck!
    Can anyone fill me in on this?
    Anyway, just wanted to share my joy! :D

Ps: I'm certain that it is a '99 model, I checked the serial number.

Warwick Streamer Pro M
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sweet bass, man...i've got a streamer on the way,'s an lx 4 hee hee

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    There's no set rule on saying a manufacturer can't switch necks to meet production demands or the custom orders. I perfer wenge over ovankol, but the color bust match the body. Sound wise, I can't tell the differnce between the two species of lumba. The nice grain pattern on Wenge is cool too. Warwick makes some cool basses!
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    That thing looks pimpin man... I dunno about the strap though... have fun!!
  5. Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    Hehe... Now whats wrong with my strap? :D
    If you dont like it, you wouldn't want to see my polytone amp... It's covered in the same fabric!
  6. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    rar warwick, du har fået fat i. :)
  7. Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    Hehehe... Fedt, flere danskere! :)
    Vi overtager snart talkbass!
    Og tak for kommentaren!
  8. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Nice... Den ser sgu Funky ud.. Jeg er vild med Streamer formen.. Overvejer at anskaffe mig en Streamer Stage II!

9. AWESOME BASS!!! My favorite Warwick model to date!
  10. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    man, thats an awful strap.

no offense or anything :D
  11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003

12. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I've had a few Warwicks, and I used to have a Honey violin gloss '99 Pro M that I really liked. I really wish I hadn't sold it.
    Your Pro M looks like a '98 to me, judging by the details. But the last two digits of the serial number denote the year it is suppose to be.

The details I'm looking at....
    The strap locks: 98 came with strap locks that were recessed into to body, and the lower strap lock is mounted toward the bass-side of the body, which yours has. 99's had regular strap buttons that were no longer recessed into the body, and the lower strap buttons were mounted in the middle below the bridge just like any 'regular' bass.

Wenge neck = 98
    Ovangkol neck = 99

I cannot see the detail of the knobs in the picture, but I'm very sure 99 was the first year they had only the treble/bass as a stack knob, and the vol and blend knobs were not stacked. The 98 and previous year knob setups were stacked in the vol/blend and bass/tre, and the center knob was not stacked.

That's what leads me to think it's a 98 just by looking at it. If the last two digits of the serial end in 99, then I guess it's an early 99 which was built with leftover 98 parts.
  13. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Warwick Pro M - My personal favorite.
    Gotta' love those dual preamps!

$600? You got a great deal.

I paid $1,500 for mine new in '97 and it's been worth every penny.

14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Nice looking one there man.