New User with new MIM P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by uberjon, Jan 6, 2006.

1. uberjon

Jan 4, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Finally picked myself up a bass. Black Fender MIM P-Bass, pics will come when I find the USB cable for my camera. Got it on the 3rd played for like 5 hours straight, life is good.

Working on learning "No Quarter"
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Happy New Year! Sounds like you have taken a up a nice new habbit. I've been playing since 1975 and I still enjoy it! :bassist:
  3. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Hmmm.... nope. Can't do that. Jonesy played a Jazz, and later an Alembic. You can't play "No Quarter" on a P. Gotta sell it.

Just kidding. Welcome to TB.
  4. uberjon

Jan 4, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    That was fast! Thanks for the warm welcome.
  5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Wow, that's a great first bass dude!

I started off on Ibanez basses and dealt with extreme hand pain due to their thin/shallow necks. I went through some goofy high-falutin' basses before I fell in love with the simplicity and tone of the almighty P-bass. My hand pain went away too thanks to the P's wider, chunkier neck (I can cup it my hand easier).

Welcome to the brotherhood of the P :D . Maybe you'll find another style bass to your liking though. May I also suggest that if you ever decide to give flatwound strings (great combo with P) a try that you give Thomastik-Infeld jazz flats a shot. A little expensive but you don't change 'em for years so it's more cost effective than rounds (what probably came with your MIM P).