Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new version of our instrumental for modem users

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by john turner, Aug 13, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey guys

i've heard from a few folks about how large the file in my sig is and how it's pretty much impossible to download for modem users, so finally i got a smaller version up. it's 711 KB, encoded at 8kbits and 11khz, so while it's small, it doesn't exactly sound glorious. still, though it's the whole song, and you can still get a good idea of what's going on with it.

http://lordonly.net/Mp3s/VRsmall8kb.mp3

other than the lower encoding rate/speed, it's identical to the big mp3, so if you have that one, you don't need to download this one too.

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Hey JT is the big mp3 encoded in some way that makes it copy proof? I was burning some cd's but my compootur wouldn't let me burn virtual residue.

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hmm....i don't know. not that i'm aware of...;) seriously, though, i don't think so. it may just be that you were out of room on the disc.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    hmm that's strange. I'm pretty sure there was plenty of space on the cd. Maybe the burner couldn't handle that low F# :D

P.S. I ended up copying it to MD so it wasn't a problem.

5. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Always slow on the uptake, I just got hold of it. Good stuff I must say. :)

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Although I use a modem and aldready have that song, I must say, this is wonderful for the slow people:)

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  8. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Thanks for taking the time to put that together for all of us dial-up lamers. I had four failed attempts at downloading the better quality version in the past, thought I'd never get to hear the damn song....

But it was well worth the wait, most definitely, great stuff John! :)

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga