1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New View

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by madthumbs, Dec 11, 2005.

1. bump - please comment

2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    first - the timing: you're not together with the drums. or with yourself. the different lines sound very disjointed, they don't form a tight unit.

second - the material itself: there's no real "idea" that the listener can identify. i mean of course there's a progression and some development, but there's no *real* motif/idea or at least it's not presented clearly. it sounds like you're just soloing.

ok. i hope you're not disappointed about your first feedback, but this is what i hear. i feel that music should make a statement.

but i know that it can be difficult to present a musical idea in a
    "to the point" fashion. to me, your track sounded like it was just "first-takes". ie recorded something and than just left it at that.

if you want to make a real statement, etc. maybe spend some more time working things out and perfecting them. even if you want some improvisation, get a backing track happening that works with the drums.

3. thanks for the feedback, it was indeed a first take kind of thing. Ill work on the points you have suggested, thanks mate.