New View

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by madthumbs, Dec 11, 2005.

1. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    first - the timing: you're not together with the drums. or with yourself. the different lines sound very disjointed, they don't form a tight unit.

second - the material itself: there's no real "idea" that the listener can identify. i mean of course there's a progression and some development, but there's no *real* motif/idea or at least it's not presented clearly. it sounds like you're just soloing.

ok. i hope you're not disappointed about your first feedback, but this is what i hear. i feel that music should make a statement.

but i know that it can be difficult to present a musical idea in a
    "to the point" fashion. to me, your track sounded like it was just "first-takes". ie recorded something and than just left it at that.

if you want to make a real statement, etc. maybe spend some more time working things out and perfecting them. even if you want some improvisation, get a backing track happening that works with the drums.
  2. thanks for the feedback, it was indeed a first take kind of thing. Ill work on the points you have suggested, thanks mate.