New Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Nov 7, 2005.

1. well with starting work today, i thought id better spoil i did!....i got a George Dennis Wah-Wah
    i dunno if thats exactly the same, mines got an on/off switch on the doesnt hold the bottom end too good but its so smooth and silky :D gonna be sending a clean signal and an effect signal to my amp so its not that big of a deal....but for $70aus...(off a mate of course) i love it
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweet! I've been eyeballing one of those myself. LUCK-EY!!! :)
  3. napski

napski Great. Where the heck am I now?

Oct 27, 2005
    I was looking into a Wah pedal for my bass.
    Don't know which one to get. This one looks very cool.

Searching on the bay, I found a cry baby for bass (not for guitar...or does it matter). Are those any good?

Which Wah pedals for bass are worth looking into?
  4. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    the white one is freaking great
  5. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I use a Rocktron Black Cat Moan. It works well for me and I was more impressed with it than I was with either the Morley or Dunlop. Also, you can use the Rocktron as a static filter without having to keep your foot on the pedal. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like wah pedals that don't turn on by themselves.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    How do you like the Dennis? I've been using Morleys for years and love them. Crybabies work in a jam, but I prefer a Morley. Have you ever tried a Morley or Crybaby and can you compare?
  7. ive tried a roland v-wah the other day, was ok, nothing special...the ibanez is GREAT! thhe physical mod's you can do on that pedal...i have an 80's crybaby origional (guitar) stay away i say....the Dunlop bass 105q is an ok say its standard...but the g.dennis...its so smooth and has a nice range....if it held more bottom end then it'd be a 10/10..but thats no problem for me cos i was planning on blending two signals making my blend boxes this weekend :hyper:

i havent tried(or seen) a morley, but i was eyeballing the catalog...the only thing i dont like about the premise of the morleys is all the "extras"...i prefer a wah to be a straight forwad wah..hence my george....

but my pedal board is on its way to completion....i got my wah, my boss hm-2, all i need now is a boss bass eq, a mini q-tron and a big muff.. :hyper: