Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Wal bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    No, I didn't get a Wal bass, but Orlando's Steve Chesney did, which would make it his....ninth? Anyway, take a look at it on walbasses.com....you won't regret it. This isn't an ad or anything, I just admire beutifal instrumants. It's a friggin' 3 octave bass! With (burled?) redwood top! Absolutely awesome!

off topic rant:

I did have the pleasure of playing a fretless wal at or around bass central. It had a lined 21 "fret" (it may have been, ne-way, it was half a year ago!) neck with American Walnut top and back (can't remember if it had a matching back plate or not). It has everything I look for in a fretless: mwah, and ...um....that's it. I probably will never get one, though, and will only accept "cheap" substitutes! Speaking of which, are czechtors (yeah, i came up with that term, although anyone else very well could have) good fretless instruments? I have a fretted one and love it! Wals have more options than most people know what to do with. It just boggles the mind. Can't wait for my next visit to bass central...hehehe....

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    tis a fun place to spend the day (or week...).
    Nice Wals to be found there. They are pretty flexible, aren't they?
    I liked the fretless fours I tried there.
    Liked the F bass even more, too bad it wasn't fretless!
    m