Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New warwick corvettes (double humbuckers)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Hey, i saw this http://www.ajbrown.us/nammpics/Uploads/80da.jpg pic in the Warwicks at NAMM thread the corvettes on the right with double MM style pickups, would anyone know if they will be in production soon? any information at all would be helpful.

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    whoaa they looks cool :)

3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Yeah very cool, anyone know any information about them coming available?

4. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    The Warwick Corvette DoubleBuck "$$" should be shipping around April I believe. I can't wait to check one out!

5. This is from the warwickbass.com website pricelist

CORVETTE "$$" (Double Buck) 4 String "Double Buck" (A-P, 2 x MEC large pole) $1,699
    Swamp Ash New!! 5 String "Double Buck" (A-P, 2 x MEC large pole) $1,999

Select swamp ash body, ovangkol neck, wenge fingerboard. Two
    passive MEC Large-Pole pickups with 3-way coil switching
    (Hum cancelling parallel/series, single coil), Active MEC 2-band
    electronics, black hardware, natural and transparent oil finish
    colors.

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    maybe the sound ofthose can rule, but it looks as weird as anyone wearing clown shoes.

7. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I want one!

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I actually think that looks like a nice bass. I like the corvette shape and that pickup/electronics setup looks promising. I like the coil switch on my Sterling, and i tihnk itd be nice on here as well. Cool.

9. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Hmm, they would probably sound better if it was active pickups in them, and they dont look weird, to me they look sexy! :hyper:

10. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    active pickups just have more volume, but those have active electronics, you know the onboard preamp.

11. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Oh right thats cool then! i really want one besides a warwick thumb neck thru.. there not too pricey which is cool..(the corvette double bucks)

12. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    what is the price in EUROPE ? :bassist:

13. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Just figurally convert the dollars into Euro's and bam! youve the price.

I want to play a corvette double buck now!!

14. Looks like the FNA took steroids while out of production. I'll pass.

15. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    The words "swamp ash" sound rather inviting, especially since standard bubinga Corvettes are heavy. And while the flame maple on the Prolines is lighter, it's no featherweight wood either. And swamp ash is typically lighter in weight than most of the other body woods Warwick uses. (Though I'm a young guy, even my back does a little "eek" when seeing the weight of some of the Warwick basses on the website; i.e. Thumb nt 6 pushes 12 pounds.) I know the Katana is swamp ash as well, but I prefer the more traditional Corvette body shape. It's one of my fave body shapes. I also prefer humbuckers over single coils.

'twould be nice if the doublebuck came in a 6-string version, but 5 is cool.

16. Those are looking pretty cool. :) but i think ill pass aswell

17. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Wishful thinking (here since I can't edit it back into my previous post): It'd be kinda nice if Warwick had 6-string offerings of some of their swamp ash based basses (i.e. Katana, FNA Jazzman, upcoming Doublebuck) or of the semi-hollow Infinity.

Given the natural size of solidbody 6-strings, they'll naturally be heavy (my alder-bodied Samick six isn't all that light) and the heavy woods used on their current sixers (Corvette- bubinga, Corvette proline & Streamer- flame maple, Thumb BO- ovankol, Thumb NT- bubinga pommele) could spell back & shoulder strain after hours of gigging.

More wishful thinking would be dual truss rods on the sixes, but oh well. Sixes are still kinda on the fringe, so I hold no expectations for production sixes at this point.

Either way, the Doublebuck is cool and it's nice to see Warwick utilizing lighter weight woods like swamp ash more often in their German line.