Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Warwick LTD 2006 Models!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vast Piles, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    OMG!!! That LTD Thumb bolt on is HOT!

2. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I really liked the Stream $$...maple neck, wenge fingerboard and passive pickups...Yummi!!:bassist:
    and I hope that the swamp ash body is light...Bubinga Warwicks sound amazing but the weigh is also amazing in a bad way..;

3. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    :crying: I have so much GAS it hurts... Perhaps for my 18th, eh? Only 3 years to wait :hyper:

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I used to jones over the Buzzards, but I REALLY REALLY want a Stryker.

5. Warwick is goingto introduce a lot of new models in the coming months. From what I read even a Thumb $$ is in production! Yikes :D .

6. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Not quite so keen on the top of the LTD thumb but that electronics combo looks interesting, P + Thumb = ?. The Manchester Salford Sound Control is a major Warwick dealer, they have two 'vette Hotrods from '05, a bleached blonde thumb from '03, the '04 and '02 Jazzman LTDs, hopefully they'll add a dirty blonde to their collection so I can go check it out.

7. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: That Thumb will sound like no other Thumb ever produced........will be an absolute beast I expect, and that streamer will be punchy as hell!

8. Won"t just have punchy sounds. Punchy prices too :(.

9. [​IMG]

That's pretty nice. I like it and its definately different.

Now if that was a buckeye burl top I would definately have to get one. Sort of relieved that I'm not GAS'ing for it.

A $$ thumb though... that that would be some serious trouble on my wallet.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Meh, poplar top? meh/ I prefer classic bolt on thumbs.

11. Stingrayz

Stingrayz

Jan 15, 2006
    Kuwait
    Oh my god, i cant believe this, they rock,

I just ordered an Aria Pro II SB 1000 vintage bass from bass central, too bad, i would have gotten one of these in a heart beat.

bah :bawl:

But i hope the Aria is just as good lol

12. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I wonder how it will match up to the Stingray HH? That'd be a clash of the titans wouldn't it!

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    IMO no comparison to HH EBMM's. The EB pickups are wayyy different

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The second year running that Warwick's new basses have failed to thrill me :rollno:

15. I'm a warwick limited edition nutcase. i'm not sane really.

The 2004 has grown on me since I've got to try them out. I actually saw a 2004 with a figured bubinga cap instead of the flamed koa. I am kind of basing a custom design in my head off its capped look. This I think would be declared the best sounding to people that like variety in their tone.

The 2003 Thumb is obviously my favorite. They hit the nail on the head so well with it. The inlays are one of a kind, all the new one's inlays are bland compared to it. The Bleach Blond was so opposite of what everyone thought the thumb was in terms of looks. There's just something to its tone that I can't get enough of.

The 2005 I thought was basically the 2004 with the wood selection of the 2003 Thumb. Except with a very thin maple top, and inlays that I didn't care much for. If given the choice between this and the 2004, i'd go 2004.

This 2006 will be majorly interesting to hear in the pickup department. Then you also have the swampash combined with an ebony fingerboard. I look forward to trying one out. but doubt I'll buy one.

16. Sorry, this isn't NAMM stuff specifically (at least I don't think so...), but I was cruising the custom shop and found these :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: For all you Warwick users out there, check out the new Warwick forum and sign up!!!
    http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/index.php

:D

17. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Warwick Forum = My New Home

Those pics are the HOTNESS Lokire!

18. SWEET!:bassist:

19. [​IMG]

This looks interesting to (both the chick and what shes holding),if you look its a jazzman thumb. Its probably a custom shop but it looks very tastey