"New" Warwick Streamer Stage I (from '92)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dudemeister, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Now I'm extremely exited. My cure for GAS is near! I'm waiting for a 4str Streamer Stage I from 1992 to arrive by mail within a couple of days. I changed it for my 4str redwood Peavey Cirrus. I haven't tried it yet, but we agreed to change back if one of us was dissapointed.

I'll tell you more as soon as I recieve the bass, but now I have to go back to my Linear Algebra...
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    So you say the cure for GAS is that we stop resisting it? ;) :smug:
    "Resistance is futile..." :D

And you traded that for a Cirrus? :eek: tell me does this guy have any hi-end lefty sixers? ;)
  3. I've got one much like that, except mine is a year older, and quite a nice little bass. So I guess I should say "grattis".
    Have fun when it arrives, and don't forget to post a review, för allt i världen! ;)
  4. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Congratultions! :D

I had a '97 or '98. It was stolen from my house last year. :( I miss it like crazy.

Enjoy the bass. I know you'll love it.
  5. Lupin

Feb 9, 2002
    post more pictures :D
  6. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    pretty sweet, but those do look outrageousley like spectors.
  7. I've only got that picture of it, and I won't have access to a decent camera until end of may (unless you want some tacky ill-lit webcam pictures...), but i'll definitely post some soundclips as soon as I recieve the bass.

And LowsyBassist, jag ska försöka klura ihop nån recension när jag fått känna lite på den. Lita på det. ;)
  8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    That's because it's a liscensed spector body.
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Interesting... the split coil P pickup is reversed... I thought Streamers had the standard PJ config. Not that it makes a big difference, though.

I love my SSI, and I'm sure you'll love yours. Congrats!
  10. Brilliant! Or, Guskelov!, in singing östgötska. :D
  11. Hehe, but I'm originally from Stockholm so I don't have that funny Norrköpings-accent. Moved here a year ago to study. I love the town though!
  12. maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    The license is owned by Ned Steinberger, who sold it to Spector first and Warwick some years later
  13. maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    Greetings from another Warwick player!
  14. Good for you! I'm from Linköping, well almost, so I'm able to fake it... ;)
    That's nice to hear. I haven't been there in quite a few years myself, but I visited frequently in my teens. Is Guskelov still in business? It was the hippest place in town when I was young.