Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Warwick Thumbs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Plantman, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Plantman

Plantman

Feb 5, 2001
    as i said before i found a great deal on a new warwick neck thru thumb. was about to lay down the money and then i started to read all the really bad stuff you guys said about the new models. are they really that bad? it sure didn't seem that way to me. does a brass nut really matter that much? are mec pups really that bad? you guys might be right, but i didn't feel or hear anything bad when i was playing it. i really don't know how important these things are. are we just nit picking or are the new warwicks really a piece of crap. please be honest before i waste my money. it doesn't come easy. thanks for your help guys & gals.:confused: :confused:

2. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    There's a strong reason for which you could buy that bass: you've tried and liked it!

Most of the guys saying **** about graphite nut probably wouldn't notice the difference if someone else play the same Warwick alterning the just-a-nut 1 and 2.

Beware, a new Thumb is expensive, and it's quite common to found some on the used market

3. Yes, if you like it and can afford it, buy it! These new Warwick are not bad at all!!! What matters is the feel and the sound, and Warwick is still Warwick ... The bass is made to be played, not (only) to be admired.
    I got a 2001 Corvette with this "cheap" nut and MEC pickups, and I love it!
    I have tried a 88 streamer Stage1, and I found it "different" but not better. The new Warwick are just "new" Warwick, not "Bad" Warwick.

4. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    If I was rich I would send you my '87 Thumb. I'm 1000% sure you would NEVER get a new one.