Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new warwicks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Warwick0239, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Have you seen those new warwick basses, the Vampyre and buzzard basses? they are sooo ugly. what do u think?

2. the vampyre is hideous. the one is the bassplayer mag giveaway made me vomit. ew...

3. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    Buzzard rules...PERIOD!

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    FYI, Buzzards were originally made by Status. So its nothing really new

DM

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    [​IMG]

Too bad John Entwisle passed away on June 2002.. R I P

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

FYI, Buzzards were originally made by Warwick. The Status Buzzards came later.

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    FYI.. im stupid:D

Thanks for correcting me Emb

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    right on, bro...the status buzzards are the bomb...i think they were better suited to entwistle's style than the warwicks, but the warwick buzzards ARE cool

9. I'm all about the buzzards!

10. i actually like how the vampyre looks, it had a stupid name but i could care less. the best probably has a bomb ass tone. ash/maple/ebony/ with the 3-tone preamp and 26 bronze frets would probably make a very crazy variety of tones. i wonder how good the 34inch neck is thou i would prefer 35 inches but who knows the 34 is probably tight and responsive too.

11. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    They were originally made by Modulus:D

12. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002

13. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Don't be confused about the Warwick bridge:)

"What guitar are you using?

J.E.>Well, most of my basses have LEDs in the side of the neck, in case there's a blackout on stage, so I can keep going; but at the moment the lights are too close so it cancels the LEDs out so I can't see what I'm playing. I'm having to use one particular bass all the time, a Modulus graphite prototype, a bass that I designed, The Buzzard, with Warwick parts."
    (from the interwiew)
    http://www.thewho.net/hyper/interview-john-95.html

http://www.buzzardbass.com/Modulus/Modulus.htm

14. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Actually, the original Buzzard was with Warwick.

John liked his action extremely low and detuned his strings, so he soon got interested in graphite necks, as they don't care for climate changes. At this point Modulus came in to produce graphite necks for Warwick bodies, and also manufactured dozen or so whole basses.

Apparently soon after, the production was moved to English company Status Graphite, which produced the Buzzard he played until of late.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The web page in your post says that the Warwick came first. As Tsal stated, the Modulus came later.

16. Bang on Emb....

It went....

Warwick--> Warwick with Modulus Graphite Neck--> Status