1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New way to learn notes on fretboard!:)

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by BoskiDominik, Sep 28, 2008.

1. http://fulara.com/fingerboard/

Hi folks

It's made by great Polish double-neck guitar player, but you can choose to learn bass fretboard too.

Hope it'll be helpfull.

2. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Maybe I'm missing something, but it does not teach you anything or give tips as to the best way to learn the board. It just asks you to identify a note and tells you if you are right or wrong. :confused:

3. It's another tool but, yeah, in my experience with these kinds of exercises you get really good at identifying the notes on the virtual neck but it doesn't transfer so well to the real thing.

4. VERS

VERS

Oct 13, 2006
    I think its a good exercise

5. Being a noob, I am no expert on the neck, but it seems like every time I try to play stuff, I manage to figure out where something is what I couldn't locate before. Nothing I do is intendd to be a "fretboard exercise". It jhust works out that way.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Cute and sort of informative, but hardly any help when it comes to playing.

7. I played it to the end and then realized it was a race. ..... I guess that's pretty cool. .... I thought at first there was atonal thing, so I kept adjusting the volume, but to no avail. .... Pretty good exercise.
    I'll give it 4 out of 5

8. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    I visited the site briefly, then my anti-vrius software displayed a message indicating that it had detected a worm. Could just be a coincidence, I don't know.

9. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry I can't provide more details.

I was on the phone when the message popped up then disappeared. I couldn't find a log of the event. Computer seems fine for now.