Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Wayne Shorter w/ Patitucci

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by JazznFunk, May 28, 2002.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Just wanted to get the reactions from others regarding this new recording. I saw this group live in Atlanta a few months ago and was blown away, and the album represents the vibe of the live experience well.

Patitucci sounds great on this album. It's probably my favorite album he's on, short of his own "Now" and Mike Stern's "Give and Take." His bowed intro to JuJu is sweet, especially with he and Danilo Perez jousting back and forth.

It's a must-have, in my opinion!

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I think John is really versatile, he plays with all kinds of people in the business, he has recorded hundreds of albums, really amazing for a guy in his early 40"s, funny thing is that it was realeased about the same time an album by Herbie Hancock, Michael Brecker and and Roy Hargrove celebrating the music Of Miles and Coltrane, and the Patitucci and Brian Blade are also on the album, and they were recorded about the same time and both are live, real good stuff, check it out. yeap just in the last couple of years John recorded with Roy Haynes, Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter, the guy is a real inspiration.

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Yeah, I saw that group too, back in September of last year. I'm really anxious to grab that CD as well. The show I saw was incredible. John's definitely the man!