1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New web-site for Schack

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rico_2212, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Rico_2212

Rico_2212

Jul 6, 2004
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Peavey Amps Club #64
    Schack guitars has their new web-site up. www.schack-guitars.de but as of yet it's only in German. But the gallery still has some cool instruments. Check it out, especially the "Axt" bass.:bassist:

2. For some reason, I was under the impression that Schack had stopped making instruments. It's nice to see that I was wrong. :)

3. I believed he had stopped for a while. Good to see he's back in business.

4. notrt

notrt

Jun 29, 2004
    ...and I hope their business takes off - these are great basses; they sound pretty nice on the various clips you can find of people playing them - Kai Eckhardt comes immediately to mind. One of the few luthiers who makes a really pretty headless ERB - pretty pricey at today's exchange rate, though - but really glad to see them back!

I had them work up a custom quote for me a few months back - again, pretty pricey, but relatively short build time quoted for a real custom. I will be waiting with interest to see how it works for them this time. After that - who knows!:bag:

I keep looking for one of their headless sixers...

Richard Collins

5. Grooveminister

Grooveminister

Jul 12, 2005
    Germany
    As I wrote at TB before, Schack never quite building basses completely... But now they are driving again with more power! :) Yes, Schack basses are great! I´ve been playing several of them for almost 20 years...

6. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    I wonder if they would consider building that preamp inside a small steel cabinet. The selectable centers for mids, treble and bass is very desirable to me

7. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    I know who plays that 5 string on the website...36" is a crazy long scale..my fb page has a piccie of me sitting in with it.

I had a 6 for a while, great tone but the solid bubinga body was too much weight. I'd love to buy there onboard preamp though.

8. BassBoss

BassBoss

Jul 14, 2008
    Here is a video of my Schack. It´s an "old" one from 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzUESoJClU

The new luthier is Nico Schack, the son of the founder of Schack Guitars. He still uses the same electronics and construction, though.

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Not this Shaq ?

shaq_smile.

:)