New Weezer Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, May 18, 2001.

1. Hey guys,
    I got the new Weezer cd (aka The Green Album) and think it's really good, but I kinda felt let down cuz it doesn't have the weirdness vibe that the other 2 albums have. I really like Hash Pipe, though. Anyone else have an opinion that bought it?
  2. i think it kicks ass
    not as good as their others, but pretty cool anyways
  3. Yeah, I agree. Pinkerton is definately my favorite album, both music wise and lyric wise, but this new album has some really catchy songs (like all Weezer albums) that I like a lot. I'm still a little dissapointed though.
  4. nifty little tunes, but the lyrics suck.
  5. its got some cool tunes, but yeah i agree the others are better.
  6. dawgawd

Mar 23, 2000
    pinkerton is the best album ever made.

Green is good... but i have a feeling it was kinda targeted. If you heard any of the songs they wrote that WEREN'T on this album (too late to try, superstar, slob, etc) then you know what i mean when I say they could have made this album so much better. by the way...

I wrote the currently posted tab for hash pipe, and don't write me angry emails, I realize the mistake i made on the main riff,

E|-0-0-2-3-| is supposed to be A|-0-0-2-3-|

It's an honest mistake, anyone could have made it. I'm in the process of correcting it.
  7. ArmedMagnum

Apr 4, 2001
    if anyone cares... the guitar part, me and my friend figured it out, and one guitar goes A: 0 0 2 3 while the other plays it sharp at A: 1 1 3 4... this is just for anyone that cares, doesnt already know, and plays guitar
  8. dawgawd

Mar 23, 2000
    one plays it sharp? wow, that's weird, I hadn't really listened for that so I'm not sure if you're right or wrong, but that sure is whacky. I specialize in weezer guitar parts. If you're up for a challenge try to learn any song off pinkerton, that album is hard on guitar.

does anybody feel that weezer was better when they had matt sharp on bass? I feel as though mikey drags them down a little.
  9. ArmedMagnum

Apr 4, 2001
    im pretty sure thats right, but who knows
  10. eh.. I enjoyed both the blue album and pinkerton quite a bit.. but I feel like I wasted $14 on the new one.. I am trying to get rid of it

the songs all sound the same to me
  11. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You can send CDs back to for them to sell as used. It is a new service they offer. I have never done it myself and I don't know what requirements they have. If you try it and you feel you got a fair price, let me know. I have some albums that disappointed me, that I would like to sell.
  12. New weezer is awesome but not as good as their others. It is still a better cd than most other bands could ever put out, but for weezer not as good as it could have been.

I hear lots of people trying to say Mikey isnt worthy, I miss Sharp too but lets remember sharp wanted to leave, and rivers is the one who writes the songs anyway, I dont think sharp had tons of inputs on prior albums. I miss sharp but Mikey is a suitable replacement and can play.
  13. I miss Matt Sharp, the way he cut through the mix, the funny noises he made at the beginning of songs, his influence on the writing.

well, I suppose i should buy one of the rentals discs
  14., no. that's definitely not right. i played both parts you say to by using double stops, and it sounds like crap. maybe one of the guitars you were using was tuned down a half step. ;)
  15. Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    The Rentals suck, sharp did his best work with weezer.
  16. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Look up.

Can't say I like it. Any of it.
  17. I really liked the Blue Album (the first one), it just brings so many good feelings to me, it's like nostalgia.
  18. No way The rentals are awesome, return of the rentals was good, and seven more minutes was even better. Sharp is really coming into his own as a songwriter as evidenced by how much more complex seven more minutes was, and the girls from that dog can really sing too.
  19. how can you not like a band with two moog players?
    lol j/k