Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New 'Wick, pics a plenty...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justateenpoet, Aug 1, 2005.

1. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    About a week or so ago, I bought Zac2944's used Warwick Corvette Fretless 6-String. After cleaning, tweaking, restringing, and playing, I offer the following for your enjoyment.

This mistress of mwah is my second 'Wick, the first fretless I've owned, and the second 6-er I've owned. Specs, for those who are into them, are as follows:

-34" scale
    -2-Piece Bubinga body, 5-piece Wenge bolt on neck, big ol' Ebony fingerboard
    -Optional SD BassLines Active Soapbars
    -Volume, Pickup Selector, Stacked tone control
    -Brass Nut
    -Also came with Schaller Strap-Locks, and a funky old strap

So far it plays great. I put on a set of TI Flats ($85?!?! :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: ) that sure sound purdy. It doesn't seem to have the neck dive that people complain about with Thumbs, actually balances pretty well...if not using the aforementioned funky strap. Any other questions, ask away...

Attached Files:

2. justateenpoet

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    More pics:

Edit:...wow, that second one of the headstock came out nifty :p

Attached Files:

3. justateenpoet

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Family shot:

Attached Files:

4. Looks good. I bet it weighs a good deal though.

5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice bass...$85 for a set of strings? :crying:

6. yeah, nice bass is right!!! and as for those strings.... :eek:

but i guess that's about what a set of 6 flatwounds run...

7. Ben Vail

Ben Vail

Jul 29, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Shoot. My four string Fretless Ovangkol/Bubinga Warwick weighs enough... can't imagine the weight of that beast.

8. Very nice man, looks great!

As far as the strings go, from what I've seen just be glad you weren't looking for 6 String Double Bass strings. :eek:

9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  10. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    That's the first Corvette I've seen in a long time that I really liked. Awesome bass :D.

11. justateenpoet

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the feedback guys...in response to the weight comments, most of you are right, it weighs a ton (13-14 pounds on the local bathroom heart-breaker). I've got a 3 inch fender strap that helps a lot.

As for the strings, they were pricey, but wow do they sound nice! All the comments about TI's in the strings forum are pretty much on the ball. They're pretty low tension (could be the bass, could be the strings) which I happen to love, I can even do some funky SRV type bending if need be :D . Still, the B string does resemble a wet noodle, which I'll attribute to it being .136 gauge and having a 34" scale length on the bass... :rolleyes:

12. Yep, TI Flats are quite low tension strings. SRV is a bending Madman! The 2004 Fender Frontline catalog had him on the front bending the high e string of his Strat almost to the D string! :p