1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Wireless system - first successful trip to beer fridge during song

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by skwee, Jan 31, 2017.

1. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Headline news:

Open A and E strings Allow Bassist to Successfully Acquire and Open Beer During Run of Song

Area bassist Skwee walked into bandmates' kitchen Monday night, during a run of Missionary Man by the Eurythmics and opened the beer mid-song. Band members in living room continued to practice song, and gave bass player a hearty thumbs up and vocally praised the man for his agility, consistency, right-hand technique, and drive.

Remyd, hrodbert696, Eli V and 5 others like this.
  2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    It needs some formatting...and a picture too!

Open A and E strings Allow Bassist to Successfully Acquire and Open Beer During Run of Song

MINNEAPOLIS - Area bassist Skwee walked into bandmates' kitchen Monday night, during a run of Missionary Man by the Eurythmics and opened the beer mid-song. Band members in living room continued to practice song, and gave bass player a hearty thumbs up and vocally praised the man for his agility, consistency, right-hand technique, and drive.

3. Elghecko i think you are the man for the job!

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    All I need is a pic of @skwee with a bass and a beer! :D

5. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Rats, nobody took one!

(In their defense, they were still all playing!)

6. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Oh---don't forget that the purchase of the new wireless transmitter is what allowed the entire endeavor to take place!

Eli V likes this.
  7. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Nice - I played a party once where my 20 foot cable allowed me to reach the keg between songs. That was a fun party :hyper:

8. I remember when I got my first wireless. During a gig I got curious as to how far I could get and still have it work. I wandered off stage and started strolling around. Then I pushed a door open and went into a bathroom. Then I realized that I had to pull the door open to get out. It was a pretty busy song and I finished it up sitting on the counter in the mens room of the club....... never missed a note though.:thumbsup:

S-Bigbottom and JRA like this.
  9. JRA

JRA what key? Supporting Member

i usually put the beer in close enough proximity to me that it doesn't make a difference whether i'm wired/wireless. :D

hrodbert696 likes this.
  10. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship?

Sep 23, 2008
    For anyone who saw elgecko's photoshop work on @hrodbert696 's thread, you know he's good... :D

Another nomination for @elgecko .

elgecko likes this.
  11. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Even a good face pic would do!

:hyper:

twinjet likes this.