New Wireless system - first successful trip to beer fridge during song

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by skwee, Jan 31, 2017.

1. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Headline news:

Open A and E strings Allow Bassist to Successfully Acquire and Open Beer During Run of Song

Area bassist Skwee walked into bandmates' kitchen Monday night, during a run of Missionary Man by the Eurythmics and opened the beer mid-song. Band members in living room continued to practice song, and gave bass player a hearty thumbs up and vocally praised the man for his agility, consistency, right-hand technique, and drive.

Remyd, hrodbert696, Eli V and 5 others like this.
  2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    It needs some formatting...and a picture too!

Open A and E strings Allow Bassist to Successfully Acquire and Open Beer During Run of Song

MINNEAPOLIS - Area bassist Skwee walked into bandmates' kitchen Monday night, during a run of Missionary Man by the Eurythmics and opened the beer mid-song. Band members in living room continued to practice song, and gave bass player a hearty thumbs up and vocally praised the man for his agility, consistency, right-hand technique, and drive.

3. Elghecko i think you are the man for the job!

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    All I need is a pic of @skwee with a bass and a beer! :D

5. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Rats, nobody took one!

(In their defense, they were still all playing!)

6. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Oh---don't forget that the purchase of the new wireless transmitter is what allowed the entire endeavor to take place!

Eli V likes this.
  7. Nice - I played a party once where my 20 foot cable allowed me to reach the keg between songs. That was a fun party :hyper:

8. I remember when I got my first wireless. During a gig I got curious as to how far I could get and still have it work. I wandered off stage and started strolling around. Then I pushed a door open and went into a bathroom. Then I realized that I had to pull the door open to get out. It was a pretty busy song and I finished it up sitting on the counter in the mens room of the club....... never missed a note though.:thumbsup:

S-Bigbottom and JRA like this.
  9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i usually put the beer in close enough proximity to me that it doesn't make a difference whether i'm wired/wireless. :D

hrodbert696 likes this.
  10. twinjet

twinjet Powered by GE90s; fueled with coffee. Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    For anyone who saw elgecko's photoshop work on @hrodbert696 's thread, you know he's good... :D

Another nomination for @elgecko .

elgecko likes this.
  11. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Even a good face pic would do!

:hyper:

twinjet likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022