Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Wish bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jun 7, 2003.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2534764923&category=4713

It seems ol' Wishy is running out of body designs, and trying to scrap old ones out of the barrel. Also with the cat .gif, makes her seem kinda desperate...

also like the quote "the combination of the frets & the truss rods make it a real one of a kind!!!!!!". Well, one of a kind in HIS luthier domain, or mud puddle, depending on how you wanna look at it.

edit: didn't realize it was a her, not a him :oops:

2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    you want to buy the bass.
    yessssss
    & then you will bring me fishheads & mice.

That alone made looking at the auction worth it.

4. We need to start a clan against wish's

5. I think that one looks pretty good compared to his other basses. I have definitely seen progress.

6. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
  7. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Stick and old coil spring to the end of the body and you got a neat pogo stick!! :D

8. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    "WISH IN ONE HAND,**** IN THE OTHER" !

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    interesting - sorta got a mouradian vibe going on, like chris squire's old instrument.

these two certainly look like they have a bit better finishing going on than some of the older ones. i wonder how well the frets are placed on that long horn.

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i agree. rounded corners and sanding are a good thing. :)

11. Ben_P

Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    "it is in absolutely the exact same condition as it was the day it was shipped to him!" Some how that doesn't put my mind at rest concerning what kind of shape the bass is in.

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Now, let's see. No huge gaping holes near hardware? Almost semi-decent finishing job? Even the frets look almost straight.. Gentlemen, mount up. I feel someone has kidnapped dear ol' Wishy! :eek:

Bleh, Wishy-jokes are getting old. But one thing comes to mind: perhaps Wishy is the evil twin brother of Mike Tobias? I mean, in TV they are exact opposites, and here we have Mikey T crafting wonderful instruments..

13. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Hopefully they're better placed than the fret dot markers... :D How hard is it to get a ruler and to draw a straight line down a bass neck to place the dot markers?

Russ :bassist:

14. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    He's had that first design for awhile now...looks lieka Danelectro knock-off to me.

15. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I like this quote from the description:

it also has a truss rod which is another special option!!!!!!
    the combination of the frets & the truss rods make it a real one of a kind!!!!!!

16. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Looks like crap to me

Rob