Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Wish on the way with pics...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Franklin229, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    OK-My second Wishbass is on it's way to me. This one was built a little more to spec, based on a bass I've seen Steve do earlier. It's a string-through "Hyperbass" design. I has an ebony fingerboard, hollowed out walnut body, big MM-style soapbar. I opted to do the finishing, for which I'm going with oil. I am getting it this week-ordered it late last year. Yahoo!!!!

2. It looks pretty cool, I have to say, but I do have my cristisms from the pic;

it doesnt look like the G is in line with the pickup? As well as the other stirngs being a little off. The head stock totally ruins his good looking basses, IMO... And that neck looks HUGE!!!\ :eek:

Other than that, it looks killer! enjoy :)

3. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    I hear you on the alignment thing-I have a few tweaks in order anyway-I'm thinking about making an ebony nut and getting a brass bridge. As far as the neck is concerned, we'll see-if it's built with the same proportions as my other Wish-no problem.

4. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Ya no disrespect to Wish or anything, lord knows I coudnt do what he does, but I think we need to start the Lets buy Wish a tape measure fund... :D j/k

5. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    If I'm not mistaken, the bridge is a Corian trapeze-style bridge. All you need to do is slide the thing over to get it to line up right. That, at least, isn't a structural problem. For my part, I dig the Wish thing -- it's folk art. I guess I should buy one sometime.