New Wish on the way with pics...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Franklin229, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    OK-My second Wishbass is on it's way to me. This one was built a little more to spec, based on a bass I've seen Steve do earlier. It's a string-through "Hyperbass" design. I has an ebony fingerboard, hollowed out walnut body, big MM-style soapbar. I opted to do the finishing, for which I'm going with oil. I am getting it this week-ordered it late last year. Yahoo!!!!
  2. It looks pretty cool, I have to say, but I do have my cristisms from the pic;

it doesnt look like the G is in line with the pickup? As well as the other stirngs being a little off. The head stock totally ruins his good looking basses, IMO... And that neck looks HUGE!!!\ :eek:

Other than that, it looks killer! enjoy :)
  3. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    I hear you on the alignment thing-I have a few tweaks in order anyway-I'm thinking about making an ebony nut and getting a brass bridge. As far as the neck is concerned, we'll see-if it's built with the same proportions as my other Wish-no problem.
  4. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Ya no disrespect to Wish or anything, lord knows I coudnt do what he does, but I think we need to start the Lets buy Wish a tape measure fund... :D j/k
  5. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    If I'm not mistaken, the bridge is a Corian trapeze-style bridge. All you need to do is slide the thing over to get it to line up right. That, at least, isn't a structural problem. For my part, I dig the Wish thing -- it's folk art. I guess I should buy one sometime.