Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New XBox JUST Debuted!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, May 12, 2005.

1. The XBox 360! It LOOKS badass! They just showed it but no details yet, The Killiers are performing now. :rolleyes:

2. XBox 360!!!!!!!!!! I missed 358 versions!!!! That's rediculous :eek:

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I googled it, the controller looks awful. The system itslef is pretty neat, but jesus, that controller is just nasty.

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    That's what was said about the normal xbox controller...they'll prolly just reposition everything a year after release...again.

5. i dunno, it doesn't look that bad...

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    For those who are lazy:

[​IMG]

7. The normal xbox controller was terrible. Its like playing with a dinner plate.

Edit: Wow, the new xbox looks like a mix between a PS2 and a PC.

8. Thanks :p

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    this thread is useless without specs.

10. The looks like some of those old PS1 controllers. I'm gonna miss the buttons though.

PS This sucks, I just got my Xbox , and haven't thoroughly enjoyed it yet :crying:

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Aside from the controller ergonomics does it really even matter what it looks like?!

BTW, I like the Xbox controller. I always felt like the PS2 controller was small and awkward.

brad cook

12. Heh when you have to carry one of those xbricks around to play halo, smaller starts to look better. I couldn't even play the box until the new controllers come out, and I have large hands.

13. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Just before I saw this thread, I read through [H]ardOCP's preview of the Xbox 360. Sounds like a promising console, especially if it's as hackable/moddable as the original Xbox. Get a wireless keyboard and mouse for it and you could have a nice cheap Linux computer for your bedroom.

14. What's up with the exclusion of the white/black buttons? Those were pretty useful.

15. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    is it retrocompatible?

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Whats sad is... i almost close the threat cuz i was thinking "damn it... i dont want to google it... but if i dont i wont have any idea what people are talking about" right before i closed it i saw your post and got very excited... its sad that things like that make me so excited... and yet its sad that i was too lazy to google yet i am not to write all this BS that makes no sense... but now i am too lazy to spell check it so its your lose...

17. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    'The highlights from the leaked Xbox 360 specification are:
    16:9 HD Game Play
    3 USB 2.0 Ports
    Support for 4 Wireless Controllers
    Detachable 20GB Hard-drive
    Wi-Fi Ready
    3 PowerPC CPUs at 3.2GHz
    500 Mhz ATI GPU
    512 MB GDDR3 Ram
    More details on Gaming Horizon. The specifications seems to be somewhat legit, even Reuters is running them.'

Source: http://www.i4u.com/article3361.html

sorry, its not a 100% official source but I think it looks reliable.

18. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    The new Xbox setup makes me sad. The specs make me go :hyper:, but the details are more like :scowl:.

ONE freakin' controller port. Great, others are wireless, now I gotta buy a bunch of batteries.

And I really really love my Xbox controller. Yes, the "brick."

The new controller looks like the smaller ones for the regular Xbox that I hate.

Other than that, I hope it's backwards compatible. That would make me very happy.

Also, why the heck is it being released in NOVEMBER? That's too close to Christmas to be able to rationalize the cost of buying one for myself, and it means I have to wait months to play this new system. Hey Microsoft, thanks a lot, jerks. :mad:

19. Exactumally.

In fact, the controller looks like a gamecube controller now, and I love those.

20. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    That's why its being released in Novemeber. Game companies earn 50% or more of their revenue for the year between Nov 1st and Dec 24th. releasing the XBox then makes it THE must have christmas gift and people will pay whatever MS wants. I'm expecting it to debut at around $300 and be selling for half that by april, but those big sales before the end of the year will make the numbers look good.