New Yamaha BB 405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GeddyisGod, Apr 29, 2005.

1. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    Musician's Friend closeout for $229.

First of all, there was either a mistake on the color, or the "black" is more of a dark purple burst. Not an issue, because it looks good.

Didn't take five minutes to make it mine. I let it lean against a chair for a sec to grab my tuner and it fell over and hit a table, leaving a very small ding in the neck. :bawl: You have to almost be looking for it to find it though, so I guess it passed the solid test. :rolleyes:

The setup was ok. A little buzz that has been fixed for the most part with a slight tweak of the truss rod. Intonation was fine. I also needed to raise the strings a bit, but more for personal taste than anything else.

It's nice and comfy. :bassist: I hadn't owned a five string for almost two years, but this one felt natural right away. The passive J-type pickups give it a vintage-type sound. I've not spent too much time with "high end" five strings, but the low B sounds fine to me. I'm actually using drop A tuning right now, and I have no real problems to report. What issues I do have are more head related (stupid Crate :spit: ) than bass related.

Overall a good purchase for my purposes.

I'd post a pic but I don't have the technology. :crying: