Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Yamaha BB 405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GeddyisGod, Apr 29, 2005.

1. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    Musician's Friend closeout for $229.

First of all, there was either a mistake on the color, or the "black" is more of a dark purple burst. Not an issue, because it looks good.

Didn't take five minutes to make it mine. I let it lean against a chair for a sec to grab my tuner and it fell over and hit a table, leaving a very small ding in the neck. :bawl: You have to almost be looking for it to find it though, so I guess it passed the solid test. :rolleyes:

The setup was ok. A little buzz that has been fixed for the most part with a slight tweak of the truss rod. Intonation was fine. I also needed to raise the strings a bit, but more for personal taste than anything else.

It's nice and comfy. :bassist: I hadn't owned a five string for almost two years, but this one felt natural right away. The passive J-type pickups give it a vintage-type sound. I've not spent too much time with "high end" five strings, but the low B sounds fine to me. I'm actually using drop A tuning right now, and I have no real problems to report. What issues I do have are more head related (stupid Crate :spit: ) than bass related.

Overall a good purchase for my purposes.

I'd post a pic but I don't have the technology. :crying: