Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New yamaha TRB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Berten, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    Here is a review of the new yamaha TRB 6string

http://www.bgra.net/reviews/yamaha-trb1006-1-rvw.html

I was thinking: Why the narrower stingspacing! The 'older' TRBII, the Ibanez BTB and the warwick broadnecks are the only sixstingers with broad stingspacing that I know that are 'production basses'. Why are there so few broadspaced sixstring (or do they stop making them, like yamaha)??
    Do most people like narrow spacing or are the bass makers not making what people want??

I hope you guys get my point.

Berten

2. *sigh*
    Well, no use looking for a -new- TRB 6er by the time I raise the money... all the good ones will be on the used market.
    I definitely wanted a Yamaha TRB 6er because of that string spacing! 3/4" / 19mm is the mi-ni-mum, period. Smaller than that and the comfort for the left hand is completely outweighed by the utter DIScomfort of the right. One of the things I really hate about small string spacing is the way it destroys my nail-rim when you pop anything but the C (or G on 5ers).
    Shame on Yamaha.

EZ