Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New year, New username, New life (?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey everybody. Just wanted to make a note that I've changed my screen name. A lot of stuff in my personal life is changing in the next month or so, so I figured I'd change the old username as well. It was a nickname I'm not really known by anymore, and as with the upcoming year, I'd like to make a fresh start.

I'm probably going to be moving to the Cleveland at the end of January, a place I know very little about, after living in CT my whole life. I'm going to try to take it as an opportunity to start fresh and get rid of all my bad habits and histories. I'd like to start eating better again (i.e. mostly organic, very low sugar diet), start showing my paintings in more galleries, and begin aggressively searching out new bandmates and friends. I've never really had a chance to start over, so I'm hoping this will do it. Ok, useless rant over. Thanks for listening.

P.S. If anyone knows anything around Cleveland to do, let me know.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, congratulations on starting anew, and good luck. i hope this change in your life isn't too painful.

3. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Right on! A fresh start sounds very good right about now. Maybe I need a new screen name too. Let's see... hmm... StupidBrent... No that's been done... I dunno, guess the name stays for now.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    How about Fedora Man? :p

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    bassbrobrent? :D

6. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Fedora man that's funny! My music minister can never pronounce it right. I think he's trying to be funny but he always calls it - that fedora bass. Once I corrected him, and he goes "Well fedora, fridgidaire, whatever." I dunno.

Enjoy your fresh start. I'm kind of jealous.

7. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Originally posted by Bassbrobrad

Yeah then we can pretend we are that alien cult and clone ourselves a whole bassbro army and...

Nevermind:p

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :D

Dude, you saved my "joke!"

(And i've been thinking of changing my SN, too. But I'll wait until I feel more compelled to do so.)

9. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Hehe, It was funny!:)

10. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    you can change your screen name?
    how is this done?
    do i have to make a new account or something?
    is it only for supporting members?

i'm getting tired of the "savagelucy" "fear and loathing" thing.

11. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is cool, and in Cleveland.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've never actually been in it, although I've driven past it like four times on the way to the downtown international market for breakfast brats :rolleyes: Definitely a place to visit when I'm there.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just change it. And get off yer butt and be a supporting memeber.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Que? :confused:

15. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I guess I will use this as an oppurtunity to tell everyone that I changed my username from Supergreg to Drew Gutrath.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

New year, New username, New life

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    And apparently a new way to show my idiocy to the world :( :D

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You fit right in with all of us, Bryan!:D

19. PM Paul, he changed my user name for me. It was quick and painless, too!

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    phhht, changing your username is sooooooo trendy. :rolleyes: