Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Year's Resolution: Have more FUN this year!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Jan 2, 2003.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    So yeah, last year I basically spent adjusting to the whole post-university 9-5 schedule and, for the most part, resting in between.

One thing I'm realizing though is that now I'm in this rut - it's hard to get out of!

Stupid question really but I thought perhaps some of you folks might have some interesting ideas on new things I might go and try.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm. The year after I graduated college I worked night crew at a grocery store for about 45 hours a week. You know what cured my dilema? I saved up my money and sold some paintings, quit, moved to a nice place with low rent, and have worked maybe 5 months total in the past two years. I've heard of other people doing that as well; work a lot, then take as much time off as possible. It's not for everyone, but it's great for me. Or switch your schedule around if possible-that's always fun.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    And if all else fails, become rich and famous.

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Travel. I repeat, travel.

5. The answer is either wear sunscreen or drink beer, I guess it just depends on whether or not you like Dennis Leary.