New Year's Resolution: Have more FUN this year!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Jan 2, 2003.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    So yeah, last year I basically spent adjusting to the whole post-university 9-5 schedule and, for the most part, resting in between.

One thing I'm realizing though is that now I'm in this rut - it's hard to get out of!

Stupid question really but I thought perhaps some of you folks might have some interesting ideas on new things I might go and try.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm. The year after I graduated college I worked night crew at a grocery store for about 45 hours a week. You know what cured my dilema? I saved up my money and sold some paintings, quit, moved to a nice place with low rent, and have worked maybe 5 months total in the past two years. I've heard of other people doing that as well; work a lot, then take as much time off as possible. It's not for everyone, but it's great for me. Or switch your schedule around if possible-that's always fun.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    And if all else fails, become rich and famous.

4. Travel. I repeat, travel.

5. The answer is either wear sunscreen or drink beer, I guess it just depends on whether or not you like Dennis Leary.