Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Year's Resolution Time...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John K., Dec 25, 2002.

1. Christmas is pretty much over now, and the new year is upon us, so share your New Year's Resolutions, not necessarily having to pertain to bass or anything, just ones you planned for your life in general.

I plan on being more kind to people, I tend to say things without tact, and often do not think about other people's feelings before I speak.

I also want to try to gain some weight and hit the gym to get ready for baseball season (when it comes around).

2. Last year my resolution was to try and get a girlfriend (came awfully close three times)...well I never got one, so I guess that's on my list again.

Get a new job

get new gear

gig alot

3. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Let me be the first to say it - Practice more often!

That is all.

4. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well
    1. im gonna be nicer.. try and stop being so shy.. and just be cool to people in general more often.. and not when i just find something that i find cool about them like if they are a really cool guitar cat.. or something (for instance i played masters of the universe with my little cousin cowen today for an hour and i was skeletor.. hes only 4 but hes cool. Man that cartoon is SURE VIOLENT!!)

2. Be more romantic with my girl. hey .. christmas day weve been going out exactily 1 year on the dot. I love that woman and shes given me the best year of my life and ive learned so much from her and just from life being with her. and also i wanna spend more on her

3. Eat healthier.. im not gonna go vegaterian but ill deffinitly eat less meat, Im not a big veggie guy, i like carrots and potatos thats about it though. I like Salad, but i eat alot of bread and rolls and stuff.
    I dont eat cornbread, i may be southern but im not that southern!

4. play more bass, ive developed a style, a basic groundpattern for what im like on the bass and the lines i make up, now i just have to develope more knowledge than i already know and become alot better than i was this past year.

5. Learn how to use puncuation and apply it here on talkbass so dave costello doesn't hate me :D :D :D :D

5. Get a news years resolution for the next new year.. heehee

nah Get a job..

:D:D

Merls

6. -Be more dedicated as a student (i study architecture).
    -get a job doing somehtin related to my career.
    - Practice much more ( sight reading, theory and technique.)
    - And the same as very year..shape up a little bit. :rolleyes:

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I'll stop boxing my wife : that leaves DNA traces. From now, I'll use a hammer. :D

8. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    My wife wants me to resolve to take her to a strip club! :eek: Neither of us has ever been, although I saw a live sex show when I went to Amsterdam. What a career . . . I think this may be why I'm generally against them (for me, you can search out as many naked people as you like).

I try not to do resolutions - I like to think my life is the way I want it and that I can make changes or set goals any time, not just at New Year's.

9. Sinker

Sinker

Dec 4, 2002
    Newark, DE USofA
    I've really got to get serious about my health. I eat a lot of crap, and rarely exercise.

It's funny; when I was in my 20s I wanted to keep my weight down for vanity reasons. Now I'm 43, and I want to make sure I get to enjoy many more years with my lovely wife and to be healthy to enjoy my grandkids (NOT YET!!!).

-Sinker-

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'll stop saying "ho ho ho!" after my posts and instead become a kinder, gentler, less cognitive Brad... like the one I play on TV.

Happy New Year.
    Ho ho... doh!

11. 1) Job with better pay / healthcare for my family. Hmm... think I'll go back into Lab Chemistry.

2) Spend lots of quality time with our 7mo. son.

3) Refinance house - better interest rate.

4) Jump into the world of fretless or upright bass.

Happy New Year!!!
    :)
    B

12. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    This year I resolve to stop making New Years resolutions......Uh Oh paradox approaching

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Make lots of money.
    Get serious about my health.
    Become a better player.
    Don't drink as much.
    Live!

14. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    - Redistribute some weight (love handles look silly on a skinny person)
    - Practice more on fretless and EUB
    - No more responses to TB threads on (US) politics

That's about it. :cool:

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    get lessons from the local bass Gods and take bass playing more seriously (i'm a spoiled trumpet player)

16. Finish the remodel job on the house I started a year and a half ago.

Be healthier

Become more attactive.

make lots of love.

Live life fuller.

Fetch!

17. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    drink more
    stop being so nice all the time
    party harder

enough of this self improvement crap. its time to have some fun.

18. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    1. Practice for at least two hours a day, 6 days a week

2. Stay fit

3. Live life to the fullest

4. Keep my New Years Resolutions

19. My New Year's resolution is 1024 x 768.

:rolleyes:

20. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Start smoking