1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Year's Resolution

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lbbc, Dec 27, 2017.

1. lbbc

lbbc

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Hello to my TB brothers and sisters. I have decided my resolution for the New Year is to take better care of myself (exercising and eating better) and practice bass for at least an hour a day. I am also NOT purchasing new bass gear unless something breaks and needs replacing. I have all the gear I need, the love of a good woman, great kids and grandkids, and a great working band.
    Just wondering...what's your resolution?

2. I'm joining you on the exercise/eating better part.

3. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    We eat good food around here every day...lots of organics, a Literal Apple A Day, and now it’s time (past time!) for me to get back to my Pilates.
    Come March it’ll be 2 years since the good Dr. removed my prostate...a life-changing event, as you can imagine.
    In the 3 months leading up to getting cut, I was religious about my daily Pilates session...core strength, abdominal floor, etc. I lost lotsa weight...good food, walking everywhere, less beer...you know the drill!
    Now, it’s time to get back up on that horse!
    I’ve scheduled a session with a Pilates instructor. She can help remind me of what I’m capeable of doing, and help with technique. After that, it’s all on me.:thumbsup:

And,:unsure: oh yeah!
    I gotta play more!

5StringBlues likes this.
  4. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Yep, same here about exercising and eating. I'll fail, but try my best to always get up again :D The past year went sorta good, so I'm keen on seeing how it goes on.

the harp unstrung likes this.
  5. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I need to stabilize my weight roller coaster. 5 years ago I lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off. Health issues caused me to begin taking meds that adversely affected my weight and I gained 20 pounds back. Now that my body has stabilized again, I need to kick those pounds to the curb and get back to my goal of 25 more.

This year I'm making my body my biatch :)

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Changing your life for the better is fine and dandy but if you're not gonna do it today I don't know what someone expects is gonna change in four days.

7. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

To accept the fact I am getting older. I guess I have been in denial. I still try to still do some of the same stuff I did in my twenties and thirties. Like surfing. It gets very frustrating when I can't perform at the same level. I know...my wife tells me getting old is a drag, but the alternative will kill you. I need to deal with it better.

8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

my new year's resolution: no more black licorice on friday or saturday nights when i don't have a gig and it's too late to go out for more mexican beer.

we'll see how that goes. i may or may not get back

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah working mostly. I have found it works best when one sets shorter, measurable goals.

We are going to Disney the last week of Fedruary. I need to get in better shape to keep up with 6 and 9 year old girls.

So I have decided to start hitting the elliptical machine at least 40 minute at least 5 nights a week. I am also doing some kettle bell stuff to work my lower back.

The goal between now and then is to lose 2 1/2 inches on my belly (which should basically rid me of it). And I also want to keep lowering my bnlood pressure. I managed to get through the holidays without gaining a single ounce.... So there's that.

After I hit that goal I'll come up with another and go from there.

Year long goals don't work. They are too fdar off and too hard to track progress.... and too easy to put off until next month. So set shorter goals that you can actually measure.