1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Year's Resolutions/Changes/Recap

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Dec 24, 2006.

1. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I thought it would be inspiring to hear some recent changes that have happened in the lives of my fellow TBers. Any significant resolutions, enlightenments, whirlwinds?

Here's mine from my myspace -

So...I have a new perspective on the world as of late. I was thinking about self-awareness the other day and decided to search it on google. Ever since then, I have been meditating on the idea and came up with the following:

Be Aware, Be Controlled, Create Your Ideal Life, and Strengthen Gifts Throughout

Self Awareness - to understand why I act, think, and feel in the manner I do. I see it as closely monitoring your thoughts to see what your intentions are. Most people just act without thinking, but when you become aware of yourself the monitoring comes natural.

Self Discipline - to control any addictions I have in my life. Most people have something holding them tightly.

Once I am aware and disciplined, I can now use The Secret -The Law of Attraction - You can manifest your own destiny because you are the artist of your life. All by your thoughts - If you want a copy of The Secret just hit me up with your address and I can get one in the mail or remember to give you one in person.

Tonight I spoke with my great friend Aaron Deloach and he said he recently google self-actualization. I found this to be very interesting being that we both google such similiar topics that I had to take a look on google myself. I do have my B.A. in Psych, but I never really tripped out on self-actualization until now. Check this out -

http://psikoloji.fisek.com.tr/maslow/self.htm

Do you Self-Actualize?

Feel free to PM with questions/comments

Peace, The Funky Slapologist

2. Last Year was a great year. My music career really got rolling and i played the most gigs of my life last year. My grades really have improved and so has my well-being. I'm really loving life and have literally fallen in love with the bass. I'm really pumped for this upcoming year.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    1. More focus on my music. Nothing ahead of it except school.
    2. Spend less money. No more money on gear unless I make the money with my gear. (Of course after I get my GK Fusion)
    3. Eat healthier and get back to the gym.

4. good call tplyons. i would also like to add work out more and lose some weight to my list of to do for this upcoming year.

5. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Same here! I'm so grateful for this past year, I've never been so busy with music my whole life and I love it! Also I am celebrating a year of being smoke free, I feel soooo much better with cigs outta my life. It also doesn't hurt to have a cool little lady in my life as well.

Cheers to everyone!
    Merry Christmas!

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I am so thankful to the Highest for ALL his endless Grace throughout this last , most challenging year of my life.
    I am still alive and able, Praise be to God, and have been blessed with a wonderful bride. This coming year, if the Lord allows, I vow to follow Him ever more closely, be a better person, continue to be rid of anger and hate, and become ever fuller of love and compassion.
    I will also try to better myself as a bassist and musician over all. But mostly, I will continue to be more and more thankful for the love my Father has shown and for the love I have received from the members of the bass brotherhood. Thank you all for your support, prayers and concern. I am improved to know you.