Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New York, New Yoooorrkk

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jan 29, 2001.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I guess this is a miscellaneous question...

Anyway, as a citizen of the Midwest, (Chicago & currently schooling at Green Bay) I might be having the chance to go the city of New York over spring break. Good stuff.

Anybody in New York or been to New York know of any cool bass-related places to go to while I'm there? In a big city like that there has to be something bass-like that's cool. I'll be there for a week, so I'll have to find something fun to do, and hopefully it can involve basses.

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Try here => http://www.48thstcustomguitars.com/

48th St. Custom Guitars
    170 W. 48th Street
    New York, NY 10036
    Tel: 212.764.1364

Accordin' to their site they've got a nice selection of vintage Fenders,
    G&L's, and Pre E/B Stingrays.

If ya' go, say hello to my first "wife"...

[​IMG]

3. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    If you're into jamming on blues,there's a place in the East Village called Dan Lynch's that had an open mic on Sundays last time I was there(1990). I don't remember the exact address,though.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Stop by 1600 Broadway. You wouldn't know it by looking at the building, but Sadowsky and Coppollo's Bass Boutique are on the 10th Floor. They've got some of the best bass stuff in the city. If you're into double bass, pay a visit to David Gage at 36 Walker St. in Tribeca. You'll have to make an appointment beforehand, but he's got at least 25 decent instruments in his shop.