New York, New York

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by mangeswe, Dec 30, 2005.

1. mangeswe

Feb 24, 2004
    Ystad, Sweden
    I´m soon going to nyc to play at the iaje conference. Since i´m from Sweden and never been in america at all i dont know the city very well. So, that´s my all you bassistfellows should help me sorting this out. We´re going to stay at manhattan. What is the "must see"? Any recomendations about cd or musicstores? Or any other cool place. Also, i´m gonna get myself a iPod. Where can i get the best price?
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Give a call when you're in town: (917) 723-6581
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'd be down for getting together, but (as evidenced from when Pac was here a couple of years back) there's a LOT going on at the convention. So much music, so many people, so many events; it can be hard to get out of the venue for a look around.

But if you do, gimme a call.
  4. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    It's my impression based on limited shopping that the ipod prices are pretty standard everywhere - the largest memory for $399. There are the refurbished deals, but they are last year's models - fairly obsolete compared to new and not that much cheaper. Won't hurt to look around though.