Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New York, New York

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by mangeswe, Dec 30, 2005.

1. mangeswe

mangeswe

Feb 24, 2004
    Ystad, Sweden
    Hi.
    I´m soon going to nyc to play at the iaje conference. Since i´m from Sweden and never been in america at all i dont know the city very well. So, that´s my all you bassistfellows should help me sorting this out. We´re going to stay at manhattan. What is the "must see"? Any recomendations about cd or musicstores? Or any other cool place. Also, i´m gonna get myself a iPod. Where can i get the best price?
    Thanx

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Give a call when you're in town: (917) 723-6581

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'd be down for getting together, but (as evidenced from when Pac was here a couple of years back) there's a LOT going on at the convention. So much music, so many people, so many events; it can be hard to get out of the venue for a look around.

But if you do, gimme a call.

4. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    It's my impression based on limited shopping that the ipod prices are pretty standard everywhere - the largest memory for $399. There are the refurbished deals, but they are last year's models - fairly obsolete compared to new and not that much cheaper. Won't hurt to look around though.

Ike