Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New York This Weekend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaxlaw, Mar 15, 2006.

1. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    I have some surprise business that will bring me into Manhattan Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'll have the week nights off as well as Saturday. I intend to hang out around the Village - would like to meet with some TB'ers or catch their acts hopefully somebody will be preforming or can steer me in the direction that I should go to catch some decent shows. I am not looking for big name acts or fancy/expensive clubs just want to explore the causual local sceen and hang out with some musicians - any suggestions appreciaed you can e-mail or ping me!

Anyone comes to Orlando - trust me I'll return he favor!

2. It just so happens that I'm in NYC tomorrow and Friday also. I'm gonna hit up the West 48th st. music shops, Sadowsky headquarters over in Brooklyn, and a bunch of restaurants too... still trying to figure out what club(s) I want to go to on Thursday night, though... how about a mini-TB gathering??? Who's in?

3. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    I am with that. PM or email me for details - If all else fails my cell is 407 722 4127. I should be free by early evening on the weekdays and of course there is Saturday - Look foraward to it!

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
  5. jaxlaw

jaxlaw

Oct 5, 2002
    Winter Garden
    Jondog thanks for the invite - I'll see what saturday night looks like and try to get over to Brooklyn to see you guys - ust got in town - I in Midtown Manhattan 5th Ave & 57th Street - looking toward having a good couple of days

6. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    hmm, you're a week early. i'll be in nyc next week for a show at the bitter end fri night and out in the hamptons on sat night. If any of the nyc people want to get together let me know.

7. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Hey Joe Lally is playing Cake Shop on the lower east side tonight. Definitely worth checking out - someone please go - I'm chasing some tail to night to another show at Fat Baby.

Welcome to the city. Enjoy - but beware - tomorrow night is amateur drinking night. Expect the best from NJ, Long Island and the dorms to be in force.