Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New York

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ciaran, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Ciaran

Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    Ireland
    I'm going to New York after the summer and i think i shall buy a bass there as the selection where i live is poor.
    Very Very poor.

What music shops should i look out for?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If you're after big game, or simply to drool, you could check out NY Guitar & Bass Boutique on 9th Ave (I think). I do remember it's right on the ground floor.

Nothing but some of the best - F Basses, Elrick, MTD, Zon, Kinal, Rob Allen among others. Aguilar, EBS, and EA's among others in the amp section.

3. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    I just looked it up and its at 746 9th Av, Ground Floor, between W50th and W51st streets. Its near the 50th street C,E subway. Looks like I'm going there first when I head in there next to Sam Ash and Manny's again.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    FYI, Sadowsky is near the Boutique. (1600 B'way, 10th fl.) Stop in at both.

5. BassicRob

BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    Fodera is also located right here in Brooklyn on 34th St. where I am. Was wondering if this is just the factory or do they have a showroom you can go in and play. I also recall another luthier being in brooklyn. I don't remember who, I know Spector was (are they still?) but I know he operates from Saugerties, NY.

6. Ciaran

Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    Ireland
    Thanks a million for your replys they have been most helpful.