NEW Yorkville Bassmaster XM200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve2, Sep 7, 2003.

1. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I know they are some yorkville bashers out there but has anyone played thru the new combos they have out such as the XM200.

2. beam

Dec 29, 2002
    I own an XM200. Very nice amp I must say.

loud, even for 200 watts. Pretty transparent tone(meaning no color to you tone), but the eq on it allows for a very diverse tone selection.

Volume, Bass, Low Mid, High Mid, Treble, Scoop. Switchable limiter, active/passive inputs, tuner out, extension cab capable, and a few other nice touches.

The scoop know boosts the bass and treble, while cutting the mids.

Overall a very solid amp. Many more features and power than most amps in that price range.

Harmony Central Reviews
  3. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    If you have termites buy that amp...It will shake all the termites out of the walls!! that amp is the loudest 200 watts I think I have ever heard in a combo!!;)
  4. I played a Yorkville 200B combo for years. Great little amp! Rugged as hell. And LOUD! That is until the power transformer died on me. Anybody know about getting a replacement transformer? Yorkville hasn'tgotten back to me, yet.
  5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Yorkville is usually pretty good about customer service...try them again, I'm sure they'll be happy to work it out...if you run into problems, buzz me by e-mail and I'll see what I can do (I work for "parent" company...)
  6. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I have decided to go with the Fender Bassman 200. The yorkville was probably my second pick. Thanks