Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Yorkville Tube Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ampegsvtca, Jan 16, 2004.

1. There is going to be a new Yorkville 200 Watt All Tube amp called a YBA200. There well also be a matching cab with 2-10's and 1-18" speaker. Should be at the NAMM show, supposed to be reasonably priced as well. Can't wait to try one.

2. Awww those jerks! I just got an xs400h! J/k, the yorkville guys are great.

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Damn, just after I got my Bassman 135. :( :mad:

4. Well, could always sell and buy. If it turns out to be a good product at a good price. Knowing yorkville though it will be.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    A little off topic, but.....

My wife wants me to have a new amp for our anniversary in March. After much research, I think I'm going to go for the Yorkville XM200 combo. From what I've learned, they are rugged,and reliable, and LOUD!!

Can't wait! This will be replacing a Fender BXR 100. Full update to come after purchase! :)

Tim

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    go for it! *hic*

7. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    A little off topic, but.....

My wife wants me to have a new amp for our anniversary in March. After much research, I think I'm going to go for the Yorkville XM200 combo. From what I've learned, they are rugged,and reliable, and LOUD!!

Can't wait! This will be replacing a Fender BXR 100. Full update to come after purchase!

I had a Fender BXR100 for ages, like 7 years. It did it's job and was my only 'rig' live.

From there, I went to (and still own + use) a Yorkie 400BH ino a SABDDI, through an Ampeg 410 Classic. Killer tone and volume galore!!!!!

For Xmas and b-day, 2003, I picked up a Yorkie XM100 1x15 100 watt combo, for smaller gigs and practice. Hooked up to the SABDDI, this little bastard rocks!!!

Yorkville makes some quality gear, IMHO. And this new tube bass rig looks really cool.

Steve

8. Has anyone heard a price for the head and combo?

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    If there's pricing available, I'll post it Monday evening.

Yorkville's done it again; I think they're going to reclaim their spot as one of the premiere bass amplification manufacturers, just wait until you see what they come up with next! ;)

10. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Well, it seems that their gear is very rugged, and well built. Maybe it's not the so called top brand-a matter of opinion anyway-but being durable is IMHO the most important thing. What good is a so called top of the line boutique amp if it breaks down all the time?

My sister in law has an older Traynor bass amp, and it sounds great IMHO-and all these years later, it still works fine.

As I said, I've researched a new amp quite extensively. I'm looking for a combo that can go anywhere, do whatever I need it to do, and still work after years of going in, and out of the car.
    It seems like the Yorkville fits the bill perfectly. As far as I'm concerned, thats all that matters to me-who cares if it's "name brand?"

Sorry to be long winded. And now, back to our topic.............

Tim

11. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    They're like the canadian peavey, only they sound alot better! *runs away*:D

12. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Actually Ox, I heard is was like the Canadian Fender :eek:

Actually, I hear Yorkville is building a more reliable unit than Peavey is now. That of course is argumentative. But my mind is made up-I'm going with the Yorkville XM200. Simple controls, good sound, you can hook up an extra cab. And 57 pounds isn't that bad. My BXR 100 weighs 64. My Combo 115 is a hundred pounds!! Yikes!!

The Canadian Peavey is gonna be my new amp, and I can't wait to get it. So no need to run away :D

Tim

13. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Ummm...I like the Canadian Fender better...Peavey is just so crappy and thin sounding IMO. I think Fender is a better comparison. In fact, I might even be so bold to say this new amp would be better compared to a Classic Ampeg all tube head than a Peavey head...just from reading the specs, haven't had a chance to try out that head out yet...

But the current XS400 stacks up extremely favourable to similar offerings from Fender, Fender/SWR, and Ampeg. (IMHO, biased as it is!):D

14. i started with a yorkville bloc80b. nice little amp. i could carry it easily anywhere i needed to go. now i've got a BM200T. 2 10's and a tweeter. unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have the volume i need for some larger shows. recent, i found out it only runs at 150W until you put an extension cab on it. guess what my next purchase is going to be.......

15. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Damn, I want to hear that cabinet with their XS400H head. For my money, a 2x10 with a 1x15 below it is the ultimate setup. That would put it all under one hood, less to carry around. I wonder if they'll come out with a version of that cabinet that matches the look of their XC cabinets. That would totally rock.

16. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    The price of the new YBA 200 is $829.00 LIST. "Street" price will be less. The first run is expected to ship May-June sometime. I've ordered 6 'cause they'll rock!
    GEEK:bassist:

17. That IS USD right?

18. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Circus,
    Yeah.......that list price is USD. I don't know why Yorkville took the retail price list off their site? They used to list US and Canada prices.
    GEEK

19. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    My inside factory source has told me that the YBA200 will start shipping in April and the Cdn list should be $850.00 for the head.

I didn't get a price on the YBX1510 Cabinet. We were to busy discussing the YBA200.

Cheers,
    TD