Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Zealanders

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bushfire, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Any kiwi's on these forums? Just wondering...

2. I don't know whether I should give my cover away but yeah I'm from the capital Wellington
    Damn it! Mark's gonna land me with the sheep joke :D

3. Yeah, I'm from the Bay of Plenty; but I have relatives in wellington.

4. I know a trumpet player that I use to jam with his name was Tahu frm tauranga

5. I'm from Howick, Auckland. I play bass and keyboards at a church in Howick.

Is anyone else from Auckland?

6. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I'm in Wellington. Best city in NZ ;)

7. One of my nieces lives in Auckand. I spent six weeks in Auckland about 10 years ago - what an amazing place! I really loved it - even played squash at the "All Seasons Squash & Fitness Centre" in Howick. NZ is the Southern Hemisphere's best-kept secret - Peter Jackson has a lot to answer for, opening it up to bloody tourism - it's only a matter of time before there'll be a "Mickey D's" on every corner - damn his eyes!

- Wil

8. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Well in the last few years we have inherited Startbucks, Domino's, Subway and Burger King from the USA, McD's has been here since the 60's. Starbuck and Dominos were amazing - within about 1 year they had completely covered the country. Weird.

9. I'm an ex-aucklander. But that aside, Go the all blacks!

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I would.....but I was born in NZ and am still a dual citizen :D

11. Hey, check out this cool article from dear old Auntie Beeb:

Haka

…the world needs more teachers like Andy Rothwell!

- Wil

12. I used to live just over the road from the "All Seasons Squash & Fitness Centre", but moved a month ago just a few kilometres down the road.

There HAS to be another TB'er from Auckland - surely? More to the point - am I the only female TB'er in Auckland? It's kinda lonely here by myself! :crying:

13. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Mt Wellington, Auckland, NZ
    Authorised BFM and fEARful cab builder: New Zealand
    Yep

I'm from Three Kings, Auckland.

Play in a 3pce blues/rock band 'Good Question' plus snr bassist at one of Aukland's larger churches and various other Christian Music venues etc.

Mo

14. Hey maurice carr! I you're the one that told me about talkbass, remember at the err, guitarlodge forums I think (the ones you get to from cyberfretbass.com) and I started a thread on christianity and got slaughtered because of it. Needless to say I don't visit that community anymore, now that I've found talkbass!

And your a new zealander, what are the odds?

15. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Amazing - pm me with some contact details - I'll give you a call. The War office ( wife ) has rellies in Katikati too!

Wondered what happened to you - glad to see you got out of there ( CFB )

Cheers my friend.

Mo

16. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Too late - they're already there!..along with Wendy's, Burger King, KFC, Nandos and a squillion "traditional fish and chips shops" run by Asian immigrants.

Still a few of us kiwis left though!

Mo

17. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Come on Maurice, that's a bit harsh on the immigrants! The Chinese guy round the corner from me makes a very good combination fried rice. Not so good fish and chips, but they do their best. Donuts are good too.

18. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    It's a mystery to me why decent fish and chips can't be produced by these outlets ( chinese take-aways ) whereas the other foods they prepare are generally great.

I've given up trying to get some good fish and chips.....mind you...high cholesterol is a great incentive not to try too hard!

Mo