New Zoom B1Xon Or Used Boss ME-20B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slyyyy, May 17, 2016.

1. New B1Xon

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Used ME-20B

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Slyyyy

Slyyyy

May 17, 2016
    Playing bass in my garage. Both are $70. The only things making me hesitate is the drum machine and loop feature on the Zoom... Other wise would go with Boss... Your thought? Thanks.

2. .
    We're talking (I think) near 8-9 year old technology for the Boss and probably 3-4 year old for the Zoom.
    Amp sims and digital effects are improving all the time.
    I'd definitely be going for the Zoom myself. ;)

Pietro Stimoli and Slyyyy like this.
  3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Some might understate Zoom compared to Boss... but I say their effects products are good. I don't have Boss ME-20B but I do own GT-10B... still I had GAS for B1Xon cause it seemed more practical. So eventually I bought B1Xon few weeks ago.

So far I've brought B1Xon to studio practices couples of times and planning to use it on next live gig whereas my GT-10B has been residing inside its gig bag for months. ME-20B might not as bulky as GT-10B, but still B1Xon beats it portability-wise.

Slyyyy likes this.
  4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you happen to be the creative type, I would say go with the zoom b1xon. there's more variety of effects, amp, and cab models that it's easy to create a totally awesome patch. it's useful for both recording and live performances.

OzzyGreg and Slyyyy like this.
  5. Slyyyy

Slyyyy

May 17, 2016
    Thanks guys . If I was to gig, boss is all aluminum and i would think it is more sturdy... vs all plastic... They still selling the boss for $220 new..

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  6. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    many have said and I concur that although B1Xon upper shell is mostly plastic, but it's sturdier than it appears.

lesliegl and Slyyyy like this.
  7. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Inactive

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I am not fond of Boss' digital effects, they sound sterile, cold and bland to my ears, I am even less fond of Zoom's old digital effects which sounded cheap and artificial.

When that is said I think the B1 is after they oped their game, I own a B3 my self and am supprisingly pleased with it, so I'd go for the Zoom.

Slyyyy likes this.
  8. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    I only have experience with the Boss, but the modulation effects and compressor on it are great in my opinion. The distortion and overdrive kill/suck the low end, so I wouldn't use those if I were you.

9. Slyyyy

Slyyyy

May 17, 2016
    Hey! Who voted for ME-20B and why?!