New Zoom B2 multi effects pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Triclops, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    anyone tried this out as just a preamp to a power amp and speakers? also would u recomend it? or would it sound better through an amp (combo or stack)....:meh:
  2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I just got mine in the mail today,and its the one without the expression pedal.should i run it through the effects loop or use it as a preamp or just run it straght thru and set my knobs a 12 ? I wonder which is best?
  3. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I does not put out enough gain to use as a preamp.
  4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    could i use a gain booster of some kind?
  5. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    run it trough this:;)

6. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I just ordered the same Zoom B2. I have a preamp with effects loop. Is that the best way to run it or should I go thru my bass then thru the pre amp. Thanks
  7. Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    I've used mine in three ways so far, and they all work fine for me. No lack-of-gain issues here.

1) from bass to B2, directly into amplifier section of combo, bypassing preamp (main in/return input of effects loop).

2) from bass to B2, directly into pa mixing board

3) from bass to B2, directly into JBL eons.

Of course going to the mixing board is going into another preamp, but in the other cases the Zoom B2 works fine as the pre.

Ultimately, try out different things and see what works for you. With the Sansamp they recommend going directly to the amp as to not have extra coloration of a second preamp. This applies here also with the B2 in my experience. You can get some get some really nice sounds out of the B2, and going into another preamp may change the sound-for better or worse, depending on what you like. If you need to go into the regular input on your bass amp, probably best to set everything flat, and make your tonal adjustments on the B2.

Anyway, trying out different things is part of the fun. Keep on tweakin'.