1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

New: Zoom B3n Multi-Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CharlieC, Jan 9, 2017.

1. CharlieC

CharlieC Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
  2. waveman

waveman Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Good: Up to 7 FX at once

Bad: No XLR :(

3. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    No problem, just insert one of these between the B3n and your amp for an even better DI and flexibility than would have otherwise been offered built-in. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. waveman

waveman Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I don't want one of those. Everything in one unit. Otherwise, I will happily use my MS-60B

Das Jugghead, ogiebb, jfh2112 and 5 others like this.
  5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Also bad - having to step a mile over the front buttons to get to the footswitches for the stomps.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I like to keep my heel on the floor when switching a pedal on and off, if possible. Then again, plenty of other people in this forum have pedalboards 2 and 3 rows deep so I might be a minority with that.

Rumble Thunder, onosson and matante like this.
  6. No so thrilled, just looking we are giving up a lot of parameter controls on effects and lost a bunch of amp models and cab models many of which are my preferences.

Rumble Thunder likes this.
  7. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    It is highly likely that more models will be offered for free with the new companion software.

This is exactly what has occurred over the past year with the G5n and more recently with the G3n.

8. Yep but they never really offered many more amps, my buddy is very frustrated waiting for updates on his G5N.

9. Could be. I'd like to see an FX list.

CharlieC likes this.
  10. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    Every month Zoom has offered free new amps, cabs and effects for the G5n + G3n.

I have been following these updates and have been very jealous of the guitarists who have benefited.

I am happy that now we bassists finally get our turn. ;)

11. I'll keep an eye on it but not planning on jumping on the bandwagon, my favorite amp model right now is the Polytone MB III

12. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    Paging @jimfist to this thread!

If you would not mind, could you kindly share the impressive bass tracks you managed with your G5n here as a preview of the caliber of tones one should expect with the B3n?

13. Wfrance3

Wfrance3

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    No xlr out. Really. Wow.

14. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    Zoom has been defending this omission for the past year on their Facebook page with their G5n and more recently their G3n.

They have implied this was a means to keep the units to their sweet-spot price points and to "simplify" connectivity for the end user. {Yikes!}

SirMjac28 likes this.
  15. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    Wow! I literally just got another B3 for Christmas. I knew it! I knew it! :| Still no expression pedal and wait... no XLR?

Well I'm still pretty happy with the B3. Maybe I'll pick this up in the summer? Thanks Charlie for posting! :)

Das Jugghead and CharlieC like this.
  16. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    At least they did include an input jack for an external expression pedal ;-)

BrentSimons likes this.
  17. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    True! very true! ;) and I really do like the addition of the aux in. I doubt I will be able to resist getting one. I really do enjoy my B3 for the most part. Although I rarely use effects, I do often find myself feeling the restraint of the 3 effects only thing?
    Thanks Charlie! Happy New year.
    Brent

ezon55 and CharlieC like this.
  18. As I'm also a guitarist, I went looking for the G3n and can't find it domestically. I see it on the JP site, but not the NA site. Anybody know what the deal is?

19. CharlieC

Aug 20, 2010
    New York, NY
    It likely will arrive in March 2017 along with the release of the B3n.

Official NAMM 2017 announcements should be forthcoming.

20. Thanks. Is there an anticipated street price on these?