New Zoom bass synth?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tekhna, Apr 28, 2005.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
  2. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow, those are some great looking pedals. What are Zoom products like?
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Looks to me like just the latest version of the other words a multieffect that has a bass synth as one of the effects.

What's with this 1950s Jetsons look in recent music gear anyway?
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I don't trust it.
  5. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i think zoom make reasonable products for the price
  6. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    well, the last zoom bass effect pedal had truly-poor-by-pass :scowl:
  7. i agree, i had a zoom 5062 that i liked, but the two things i hated was the fact that it felt like a toy (ie i could pull out my jack very easily) and it sounded too digital.
  8. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I had a Zoom 506-II, its bypass was truly horrible, and all of the effects had quite a hiss as well. All of the distortions, chorus and amp modelling effects were un-usable because of hiss, and the others were all average too. It was ok for strange quirky synth sounds, but that was about it.

That was through my passive...then I got my active bass, and the hiss quadrupled in volume. I sold it within a week of getting my new bass.
  9. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Well, for what it is worth the last line of Zoom pedals (the analog distortion pedals) were phenomenal. Hopefully this new series keeps up the quality of those.
  10. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I have a Zoom 506 (the first version). It`s a good unit to have lots of effects, but only a few of them have a good quality.
    I agree that they are ok for the price, but I think that with separate effects units you can achieve better results.
  11. g04t

Aug 16, 2004
    Sunnyvale, CA
    i have purchased one zoom pedal and will never purchase another one again. it is now being used solely as a tuner for when the guit/drummer dont want to shutup ;)