1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Zun Zun Egui recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by afromoose, Mar 29, 2009.

1. afromoose

afromoose Guest

Hello

For anyone who might be interested, we have a new EP released soon and have put some preview tracks on our myspace. I think the release is maybe next week or the week after (we were late with mastering so bit delayed)

New tracks are called Brown Mao, Sun God, and Chunk and Swirl

www.myspace.com/zunzunegui

It was recorded by our drummer Matt Jones at Alma Vale Studios in Bristol.

I was not too happy with my bass sound (or my performance - monitoring was a total nightmare because my amp with in t'other room and had to use really trebly headphones (click click click)), but as on next recording we will have our sound man Norris engineering Matt won't have to do everything himself (I think he did a pretty good job considering), I think it'll be much better. (Also I have my 1x18 Traynor cabinet now, which makes a big difference!!)

Anyway I'm interested to know - on Sun God, do people hear it in ternary or binary time, when it first starts? It works in both, but has different feel. Most people hear it in subdivisions of 4, but sometimes occasionally people hear it in 3s. Would be good to know how it's coming across.

I think next time we'll bounce it to tape to warm it up before mastering.