1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

newb here

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TinRoof, Apr 10, 2010.

1. TinRoof

TinRoof

Apr 4, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Hey folks,
    I am a newb upright player, actually a jazz pianist. I have always loved the upright and have been around so many players for so long that i recently started playing one myself. I will probably never be a great upright player, so don't kill me yet. I am taking myself through the Simandl method book 1 right now and enjoying it. I currently play an Engelhardt es-9 (blondie). The strings on it suck so i'm thinking i'll get some Obligatos very soon. They seem to sound nice on the swingmaster. It's setup fairly nicely except the G string is a little to low for my taste and the A and E are a little to high. Anywho...that's about it for me...so....hello to talkbass people.

TR