1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newb Question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Intrepid42, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Intrepid42

Intrepid42

Oct 9, 2007
    I want to record some bass tracks into my PC. I'm using a program called Audacity (freeware). Anyway, when I try to record direct, I don't get enough volume; and running the bass through the amp first is too much.

Instinct tells me I should run the bass through a preamp and some kind of micro-amp, but I'm new to this so I really have no clue.

What I'm doing is just recording some bass and guitar over a few rhythm tracks I created using a Roland MC 303. The Roland sounds great run direct into my PC, but It's got a small internal amp to power headphones when connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

PEACE

2. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    I've used one of these before with audacity as the software. I just run the line out of my head to the tascam - and the tascam to the PC. I think they run about $100 - $125. Good for simple demo stuff.

3. Did you check the recording level in the Windows Volume Control?

image009.