newb with questions about Mighty Mite

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AgIdoc, Oct 13, 2011.

1. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    Ok I tried searching for this stuff, and I did read some things that were helpful but I still have questions.

ok I have a Memphis P-bass with a broken neck. just pulled the trigger on a MM all maple p-bass neck replacement. its being shipped, and I have questions:

1) I'll have to drill my own holes, right? or no? conflicting info on threads I have read so far. MM website not all that helpful

2) it comes unfinished? should I leave it unfinished or apply some type of finish/varnish? is this a personal preference?

3) it comes with a nut? or without?

I also bought a custom waterslide decal from a TB'er. he sent me the email preview & it looks incredible!! I don't wanna break any rules by "promoting" the guy if thats not cool, but it is going to look outstanding. I'm super excited about this!

ok thanks in advance & apologies if this is all old, stupid stuff that everyone is tired of talking about haha

2. 1) Yes you will have to drill your own holes.
    2) It does come unfinished but I believe they have some kind of sealer on them. I would refinish it. Maple doesn't do well without a finish for very long.
    3) The ones I've seen came without a nut, but I've heard of people getting them with nuts. So maybe that's an option?

I wouldn't promote the decal thing. It's kind of frowned upon here on TB.

3. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    oh sorry the decal has my own name on it. its not a brand name "F" thing.

and

dang i have no idea how to refinish a neck. guess i'll start googling that (or if anyone wants to chime in)

4. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    Hello, MM necks are not drilled for mounting, they are finished with a clear satin, and they do include a slotted nut.
    The frets on these necks are leveled and crowned, but the ends do need to be filed flush with the FB edge.
    You'll get mixed opinions about the whole headstock decal issue, however I for one have no problem with applying them to licensed replacement necks like MM's, Allparts, or Warmoth.

Post photos of your bass once you've completed the job, I always like seeing varied takes on the P bass.

5. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    +1

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021