Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

newb

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by dustklose, Apr 24, 2005.

1. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    HEY, i'm a newbie to the double/upright bass...i really wanna learn how to play, i own two electic basses...and i tried an upright at a music store and i loved it...i could play another one bites the dust and the solo from greendays holiday! it was so cool! i love the sound! I need more info on these crazy things and on what would be a good cheap one to start off w/!

2. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Check out the stickies at the top of the forums. You will find tons of information there. And welcome to the dark side. May you never go back! :D

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hah! Used to be that the electric was considered the dark side. But now I consider playing music of any kind for a living as the dark side.

Dustklose, I'm like you...I've rented out uprights a few times in the past but never owned one until a month ago. I'm having a ball...I hardly ever touch my electrics except at gigs anymore. I highly recommend it if you need an energy recharge.