Newbie Alert

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 2K3Spec-V, Jun 11, 2003.

1. 2K3Spec-V

Jun 10, 2003
    North Jersey
    Whats up everyone, my name is Will I am 22 years old, I've been playing music since i was 5 years old, i've been playing serious guitar and drums and vocals for the past 10 years, and always just fooled around with the bass, I just left my old band where i played drums, I am about to join another band where I will be playing bass, since its similar to guitar i picked it up pretty quick, but just like everything I am sure there is alot that i don't know. I am trying to establish my setup, and the music we are gonna be playing would fall under alt/rock i have a Ibanez 5 string bass, and a Agile 5 string bass, I love both of them, can any of you recommend any type of setups, for effects i looked at the BOSS site, and saw these three that I am interested in

1) Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
    2) Boss SYB-3 Bass synthesiser
    3) Boss LMB-3 Bass Limiter/enhancer

I also have a fender amp but am looking to buy another one, i want to know what you guys recommend.

thanks in advanced

2. Welcome to TalkBass!

Hmm, hang around for a bit for the US posters, they'll be able to guide you through some of the better amp options for your budget!

I couul spout the ones I've tried and liked, but we pay funny money over here for them!
  3. 2K3Spec-V

Jun 10, 2003
    North Jersey
    hehe thanks, I am really excited about doing this, its a new approach for me since this will be the first time i'll be playing bass officially :bassist:
  4. I have a boss synth and and a boss chorus. I love the chorus. The synth is fun but really not usefull in anyway. If you played with the synth you would understand. It has too many weird sounds. The only one I like is the auot-wah.
  5. 2K3Spec-V

Jun 10, 2003
    North Jersey

thanks for the info, i was gonna go today and try some of these out, what type of amp do you use?
  6. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm assuming you're a SE-R driver?

very nice :D i have a 240sx. it rocks as well.

welcome to talkbass :)
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey will, welcome to talkbass. :)
  8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  9. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    SWRs all the way baby!
  10. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    oh yeah, and welcome to Talkbass..

see that MikeMoney kid standing over there in the corner? He's the devil! :D

j/k. People here rock! Every last one of 'em.
  11. 2K3Spec-V

Jun 10, 2003
    North Jersey
    Thank you all, i am a member of a couple other boards, and im hoping my experience at talkbass is as pleasant as the others have been... :bassist:

and yes jasonbraatz I am a Nissan SE-R Spec-V owner, i love my cars, my other car is a 95 mitsubishi eclipse GSX. :hyper: