1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newbie bridged-mono cable question!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leftyguy81, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. leftyguy81


    Nov 11, 2005
    Hello folks, i just purchased a QSC PLX3002, and am waiting for it too arrive. I will be running it with an Ampeg 8x10e-av. I am aware that you need some sort of special speakon to run it in mono. Can someone tell me where to get one of these? Also i was wondering if i could get a cable that is 1/4 for running bridged mono? or is it strictly speakon?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Bob Lee (QSC)

    Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

    Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    You just need a regular 4-pole Speakon, like an NL4FC, not a special one.

    Wire the cable to 1+ and 2+. Wire the speaker end to whatever connector in whatever way the speaker requires. Then you're all set.