1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

newbie getting started

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ivs, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Ivs

Ivs

Sep 4, 2008
    Oslo, Norway
    Heya TB. I bought a Cort Action Bass 4-string three weeks ago, and so far I've been having a whole lot of fun with it. [rant] I was really happy when I managed to play the first 30 seconds of a fast jazz/big band smoothy =D. But then I figured out that my right hand looks horrible while playing! So I started looking up videos on how to pluck properly, and have been practicing since then. I can't do that jazz song as quickly with proper plucking, but I hope I'll get there with practice. [/rant]

This week I tried a fretless bass (with lines) and I fell in love with it. And now I want to buy one. I'm a little low on cash, but I can afford a cheap fretless bass. Is it unwise to get another bass after only three weeks of playing?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It would be foolish only if you don't have a decent amplifier. That's much more important. Otherwise, do what makes you happiest. I've been playing for over 30 yrs, and never owned a fretless, though I have thought about it several times,....like now.