1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Newbie here: what is this sliding technique called?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by prototype, Feb 4, 2016.

  1. prototype


    Oct 10, 2015

    at 0:06 seconds he slides from one fret to another, i hear it a lot in live performances especially not so much in recordings

    what is this called? and from which fret to which fret do you slide from and to? is it an octave? an interval higher than an octave? is it the same everytime?

    thanks in advance
  2. T-Funk


    Jul 2, 2005
    It's call a slide. :D
    mj_ and hrodbert696 like this.
  3. hrodbert696

    hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Yep, it's just a slide. You can slide from any note to any other note on the same string. I think one time I heard someone call an octave-long slide a "boosh," but I'm not sure if that's an actual word or he just made it up.
  4. elgecko


    Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    The fancy name is glissando. You can do it over whatever interval cranks your tractor.
  5. Plus you can slide the other way from low to high!
  6. prototype


    Oct 10, 2015
    Thanks guys!!
  7. Clef_de_fa

    Clef_de_fa Guest

    Dec 25, 2011
    It isn't fancy it is Italian and it is the proper name. There is also a distinction between Glissando and Legato Glissando.
    Kun2112 likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.