Newbie Here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lostatrout, Nov 20, 2002.

1. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    Howdy... First day on the forum and I can say that I'm happy to be here. Little history.... My first name is Mike. I've been playing bass now for 16 years. I currently own a Cort Curbow 5-String fretless, Yamaha RBX760A (great slapper) and a Warwick Thumb 5 bolt on. I play through a Hartke 4000 with a 410XL cabinet. Effects: Digitech BP8 Valve, and a little Zoom box. I don't know what took so long to find my way here but here I am and thanks for having me aboard!

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to TB. Great place to be.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Awww.....NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!!!!

Stay here and get ready to whip out a credit card for we will surely tell you why you need mega-dollars of gear!!!

Nonetheless - I welcome you because you were smart to fill out your profile. That means you willl get intelligent answers to your questions.

I wish all new new TB'ers had that lick of common sense!!!

Still - Get ready to to go broke or tell Dad why his Visa card credit limit has been exceeded.
  4. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Doc Snyder
  5. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    Rickbass.... I'm a dad and I'm already broke! :D
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

OH CRAP!!! That's one aspect the profiles don't indicate.

Hope your kids are like I was when I was struggling bassist trying to meet the payments on my gear -

"Would you like another bowl of Ramen noodles, honey???"
  7. lostatrout

lostatrout Guest

Nov 20, 2002
    Bethel, Vermont
    Actually it's more like oatmeal and saltine crackers:D
  8. Welcome to Talkbass!!

Doesn't matter how long it took you to find here, you now have!! Enjoy - but one word of warning, you're liable to contract a deadly virus known as GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome):)
  9. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Welcome to talkbass:)